Shousetsu Toukou Saito o Riyou Shite Itara, Kurasu no Bishoujo ga Dokusha datta - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I can’t say I’m surprised this is the end. The story was fine, but the writing and execution could have definitely been better. Overall it was an enjoyable read, but I couldn’t call it better than okay; not particularly good or bad. That said, I have seem much worse go on for much longer, so regardless I’m disappointed that something I liked reading got this level of shitty axed ending.

Also the ending is one of the worst. The chapter alone was just bad. Essentially what happened is we (readers) learned the ojou-sama is worse than we thought (I at least thought she honestly wanted to make friends and fix her bad habits, but didn’t know how), and it turns out she is extremely bain and superficial, but that’s okay for some reason. What the mc did at the end didn’t solve anything; it just pushed the problem under the rug. It was like shrinking yourself, and then just shrinking the entire planet so it doesn’t bother you; instead of inventing some type of growth ray/reverse button (where did I watch that?). She’s still going to have the same problem when she gets out of that school and is thrust into the real world.

And then with the way it ended, it doesn’t even seem like an ending; not even one of those really open ended ones. It just seems like the end of the current arc/client and their moving onto the next one. For it to be an ending and much more pages than usual, I expected more than just the last client’s problem to be resolved. Even if it’s based on a WB or LN, they could have forced and rushed a noncanon ending to give the readers closure. It wouldn’t have even been that difficult. Just force in that after the help the rich girl, the main heroine confesses, they start dating, and the club/service is resolved, and then end it with all the friends the mc has gained. As is, it feels like the artists had drawn out the next two chapters, but wasn’t told it was axed, so they just jumbled them together and jumped ship. Also to make matters worse, the “I’m not special ending” really brings home that the series should have focused more on the characters development and growth. As is, it just felt like things happened in a high-school setting. The series should have depicted an mc who through various circumstances got involved with the most popular girl in school, realized no one is special, grew as a character as he helped his classmates and made friends, and greatly improved his writing ability, and then of course the romance subplot; which feels like the series was going for and why I thought the story was fine, but the poor execution and writing never quite got us there. In the end it felt like stuff just happened.

Contributor
The highlight of this chapter was the one-off joke of MC 'threatening' to put Midorino into his novel as part of that story's harem.

You know Himeko should realize her status as well. She was gullible and never realized that Midorino used it against her .

Users who are viewing this thread