Shoutai Fumei to Kyoufu

Dex-chan lover
Lmao this is the stupidest shit.

So, him helping the councilor and a mystery girl liking him is fine imo. Its an interesting enough plot.

Him being self conscious, needing counseling, and being bullied for the world's smallest scar over his nose is so absolutely stupid

The "facial deformity" is unneeded and adds nothing to the story. Just say he got in and accident where his parents died and it made him gloomy.

Fed-Kun's army
The artist has a really good artstyle, they made all the female characters attractive, but for some fucking reason the MC is unbelievably plain and fucking boring. Also the scar was soo fucking small it doesn't make any sense that other people stayed away from him. If I were the editor I would have told the author to made the scar a lil bit bigger so it would make fucking sense and because other people scared of him the MC should dress up as a delinquent and try to act like one so atleast he doesn't look like a fucking isolated loser, then he gradually became kind because of the other characters and then other people could notice that he wasn't that scary after all. It would be so much fucking better

Dex-chan lover
majority of chapter 1 it looks like he's plenty loved
... by women, yknow typical standard attractive PLI's (potential love interests, will this stick? i hope)
not a single male friend in sight and doesn't seem like there'll be any moving forward

the teacher is right and wrong
yeh people will judge by appearance
however... increasing your "kindness stat" (is that supposed to be zoomer energy?) won't do shit
at best you become a temporary exception to their biases
b/c if you do anything that can be misconstrued as thuggish all those people you spent your life pandering to to appease will turn on you in a heart beat, hence temporary exception.

//not to mention the minute you leave the school setting you're having encounters with people who will act and inconvenience you based on appearance before you even have the chance to give them the gud treatment

so what seems to be the premise of this manga is a bad joke, not getting into the weird crazy girl by the end of the chapter.

and to even get into how bad a joke the premise is you have to pretend like the scar is as bad as every character tells you it is
ch1 is a 4/10 at best and would be a 1, if not for my own bias for the art

//scanlation group nod while i personally may not read this, it was well done on your guys' part

The artist has a really good artstyle, they made all the female characters attractive, but for some fucking reason the MC is unbelievably plain and fucking boring. Also the scar was soo fucking small it doesn't make any sense that other people stayed away from him. If I were the editor I would have told the author to made the scar a lil bit bigger so it would make fucking sense and because other people scared of him the MC should dress up as a delinquent and try to act like one so atleast he doesn't look like a fucking isolated loser, then he gradually became kind because of the other characters and then other people could notice that he wasn't that scary after all. It would be so much fucking better
Honestly, big agree, could've made for a much more interesting concept if the MC became a kind of "fake" delinquent, leaning into all of the rumors surrounding him out of spite for being treated that way, and the teacher as a way to "rehabilitate" him and show that he's a good guy gives him the task of meeting with people with similar issues in order to help himself and others get past them. Also agree on the point of the scar, the scar should be more prominent if it's gonna be a main selling point. I mean, hell, we've got a mute, a person (presumably) missing an eye, and one that apparently is deformed enough to constantly wear a mask, and we're expected to feel bad for the main character because he has a small scar on his nose? It just doesn't sell the point well enough. The concept for the manga is pretty good, though, and honestly, there's never anything wrong with a plain main character as long as the personality makes up for it, it's just that unfortunately this doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread