Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Thanks. I get why the WN got such good reviews then. But then, imo, looks like the manga isn't doing the adaptation well enough. I mean, I don't know how much progression the WN makes at this point, but you can see here a lot of people can't infer what she is really feeling, me included. Else people wouldn't dislike Komaki that much.
Hm. I don't think I can agree with either of those points. I think the manga is doing a fine job. You're naturally going to lose some of that explicit information when going from the novel medium to a mostly visual medium like manga, and I think a lot of Wakaba's more gentle feelings actually have been expressed in the manga so far. They're just a little harder to see without looking closely, and it's a lot easier to notice them with the WN context.

I also think a lot of people will hate Komaki regardless of how Wakaba feels about her or her actions. The stuff she is doing to Wakaba, she is essentially doing without her explicit consent, which many readers will simply be unable to stomach.

Dex-chan lover
Hm. I don't think I can agree with either of those points. I think the manga is doing a fine job. You're naturally going to lose some of that explicit information when going from the novel medium to a mostly visual medium like manga, and I think a lot of Wakaba's more gentle feelings actually have been expressed in the manga so far. They're just a little harder to see without looking closely, and it's a lot easier to notice them with the WN context.

I also think a lot of people will hate Komaki regardless of how Wakaba feels about her or her actions. The stuff she is doing to Wakaba, she is essentially doing without her explicit consent, which many readers will simply be unable to stomach.
So what you are saying is, it's justify to dislike Komaki even with the WN context? Guess I can get by with that. I mean, since there is a review calling this "sweet", I guess that feeling will come later because for now I just can't see it despite how hard I tried. And also, think I have to stand with some people here, that I kinda want Komaki to have some consequences for her actions. At least give her fear about losing Wakana for a bit of time. Forcing yourself on the person you love, and with time will make that person love you back, doesn't seem realistic, at least for me. Unless you tell me Wakana also loves her since long before but hasn't realized it yet, then okay.

Double-page supporter
The schtick is getting old. Wakaba loves Komaki even kisses her out her own volition (twice), but somehow is completely incapable of understanding her own feelings. Komaki loves Wakaba and is characterized as this genius, but the simple thought that Wakaba may have feelings for her never crosses her mind. Whenever a challenge is proposed Wakaba will always lose and be denigrated. Rinse repeat. Yeah, I get that it's complicated between these two, but I hope the formula gets shaken up soon, because it's getting real boring being able to predict basically every event that happens in this story.

Double-page supporter
Getting the feeling from the comments this is some of your guy's first toxic Yuri. This is honestly baby stuff compared to other toxic yuri.
She should get humbled by having someone snatch Wakaba away from her, indeed. That'd help with her character development.

I wonder if the friend will play a part in it. To me it seems she's already aware there are some complicated feelings between those two, and she did see them kiss. Even if Wakaba doesn't talk about her resentment towards Umezono, I still believe the friend could notice how dishonest the other girl is being, thus sticking to Wakaba to purposefully make Umezono so mad she'll have no other option but to open the fuck up instead of leaving Wakaba in this limbo of hating her but getting a lot of avances and forcibly make her confused about her dickhead childhood friend.
I just want the kind friend to be a little shit with Umezono and declare war on the "genius who never loses". If she truly loses Wakaba for some time, this'd change her priorities.
No offense but that sounds terrible. Thank god you aren't writing this, otherwise it'd just be every other generic love triangle.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So the characterization is pretty straightforward, but still feels like somethings missing, so I went ahead and read the LN to try and fill in the blanks.

Aiya, I am so glad that I did. Wakaba is 10000% gayer that the manga alludes - every other observation is talking about her beautiful and slender fingers, or how attractive she is. The vending machine scene from the other chapter was the epitome of being down bad 😭 "I watched her perfect, white neck move, pumping the fluid into her stomach" like chillll

The "silliness" of the premise also makes a lot more sense, because the manga doesn't properly represent the "am I human" stuff. It seems kind of chunni here but in the novel it's made clear that Komaki was ostracized for her innate talents and genuinely made to feel like she "didn't belong" with other people for the first seven years of her life. She doesn't think she's "superhuman" as much as she has surrendered to the idea that she will never be accepted because of her natural gifts, and can have no other existence other than floating along, being "better" than everyone else and being disliked for it.

The Netsuzou Trap parallels actually thicken and become extremely relevant, these two are almost literally Yume and Hotaru, down to the way Komaki thinks about love and the way Wakaba thinks about Komaki.

The only thing that was made MORE confusing was the pacing and expected length. Chapter 3 of the manga is almost chapter 6 of the novel, but then there's chapters like this that never happened - nowhere in the novel does Wakaba have this phone call while Komaki does this, and it almost feels like they're using the visual medium of manga to capitalize on the potential for more tantalizing scenes (and to refer back to Netsuzou Trap, I'm beyond curious to see how/if they'll change Wakabas dynamic with Matsuri, because those two were all but half-confessing in every interaction they had in the novel) If the author was trying to make a case for the difference between calm platonic love and chaotic romantic love, all they achieved was making it seem like a love triangle.

I'm so full of thoughts about this series after finishing the novel lol. With just over 30 novel chapters and the manga (till now) moving at about 2:1 pace there was a good chance this wouldn't even reach 20 manga chapters. But with chapters like this that take creative liberty, we might get it fluffed out to 30 anyway

Fed-Kun's army
It’s crazy how hard it seems for wakaba to just crack her in the face if it were me none of this shit would be happening sometimes all you need to do is a good ‘ol punch to the face

Fed-Kun's army
So the characterization is pretty straightforward, but still feels like somethings missing, so I went ahead and read the LN to try and fill in the blanks.

Aiya, I am so glad that I did. Wakaba is 10000% gayer that the manga alludes - every other observation is talking about her beautiful and slender fingers, or how attractive she is. The vending machine scene from the other chapter was the epitome of being down bad 😭 "I watched her perfect, white neck move, pumping the fluid into her stomach" like chillll

The "silliness" of the premise also makes a lot more sense, because the manga doesn't properly represent the "am I human" stuff. It seems kind of chunni here but in the novel it's made clear that Komaki was ostracized for her innate talents and genuinely made to feel like she "didn't belong" with other people for the first seven years of her life. She doesn't think she's "superhuman" as much as she has surrendered to the idea that she will never be accepted because of her natural gifts, and can have no other existence other than floating along, being "better" than everyone else and being disliked for it.

The Netsuzou Trap parallels actually thicken and become extremely relevant, these two are almost literally Yume and Hotaru, down to the way Komaki thinks about love and the way Wakaba thinks about Komaki.

The only thing that was made MORE confusing was the pacing and expected length. Chapter 3 of the manga is almost chapter 6 of the novel, but then there's chapters like this that never happened - nowhere in the novel does Wakaba have this phone call while Komaki does this, and it almost feels like they're using the visual medium of manga to capitalize on the potential for more tantalizing scenes (and to refer back to Netsuzou Trap, I'm beyond curious to see how/if they'll change Wakabas dynamic with Matsuri, because those two were all but half-confessing in every interaction they had in the novel) If the author was trying to make a case for the difference between calm platonic love and chaotic romantic love, all they achieved was making it seem like a love triangle.

I'm so full of thoughts about this series after finishing the novel lol. With just over 30 novel chapters and the manga (till now) moving at about 2:1 pace there was a good chance this wouldn't even reach 20 manga chapters. But with chapters like this that take creative liberty, we might get it fluffed out to 30 anyway
Who’s the endgame?

Dex-chan lover
Who’s the endgame?
Komaki and Wakaba. It's still unclear if Matsuri was just trying to push Wakaba to realize the way she loved Komaki was different than the way she loved Matsuri, because she was low-key giving off "I know everything" vibes but still doing things like holding hands and affirming that they like each other almost every scene they had together 😂

Users who are viewing this thread