Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
So funny with all the people that should know the kind of manga they're reading at chapter 7 already, yet instead of finding another manga, still read and complain about it anyway.
I’m here to call the MCs dumb bitches because this is how I enjoy those “toxic yuri” mangas, so I really can’t tell who is hating on the series and who’s just yapping like I am.

Dex-chan lover
The idiot level are off the chart. I guess being a genius in studies doesn't mean you're a genius in social interaction. Like, "if i can't the one you love then i will be the one you hate", what kind of mental gymnastics level does it take to reach that level.Why not just stay friends ? Why going to one extreme to another ? Really wonder how the relationships around her was.
maybe she is so autistic she is doing the most nut job way of keeping the one she like like that?? this is just bad writing by the author tho

let’s be honest here, this ain’t written by an skilled author cuz the MC and the other insane person makes no logical sense even if we are talking about an story written with psychology in mind

Dex-chan lover
So funny with all the people that should know the kind of manga they're reading at chapter 7 already, yet instead of finding another manga, still read and complain about it anyway.
oh no i wish the story to stay garbage cuz i can’t think hard enough that maybe people wanna just share their thoughs about the story and see if it might get better!!

oh no what I’m gonna do with people having freedom to write what they feel about the story!!!

The idiot level are off the chart. I guess being a genius in studies doesn't mean you're a genius in social interaction. Like, "if i can't the one you love then i will be the one you hate", what kind of mental gymnastics level does it take to reach that level.Why not just stay friends ? Why going to one extreme to another ? Really wonder how the relationships around her was.
don't get me wrong, she IS dumb, really dumb

And that's fine, it's the character and I enjoy it

however, "why not just stay friends?" that would be painful, a lot, more than being strangers or...

being hated. Making others hate or dislike you to gain their attention and be important for them is not something out of the realm of human behavior, so I get her reasoning

Dex-chan lover
I mean, Komaki isn't that far-off. Wakaba is so in denial she can't even tell her own feelings for Komaki.

These two kids are, in a sense, victims of their closeness to each other. Wakaba can't tell what her feelings for Komaki are because they were always there, so beyond lashing out at Komaki's mistreatment, she has little incentive to interrogate how she feels about her. Komaki, on the other hand, doesn't know how to deal with her love for a friend that "left her behind" and is trying the most self-destructive approach she could think of: if she can't love me, at least I would make her hate me the most.

Peak teen drama :lol:

Dex-chan lover
The fuck is she yapping about 😐

The only person she loves is herself honestly, instead of confessing to her she goes and dates some guy and gives mc the nastiest of smirks and then proceeds to pretty much "violate" her at this point, which it'd say is a harder and more painful thing to do compared to just like maybe.. fucking talk 😑
But...but then how would we have our Toxic Yuri? Like, that sounds nice and all, but wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of this genre? LOL.

Dex-chan lover
don't get me wrong, she IS dumb, really dumb

And that's fine, it's the character and I enjoy it

however, "why not just stay friends?" that would be painful, a lot, more than being strangers or...

being hated. Making others hate or dislike you to gain their attention and be important for them is not something out of the realm of human behavior, so I get her reasoning
Tell that to Sayaka

Dex-chan lover
there we go now we seeing the true her

things should be getting interesting from here on

but man always making thing difficult when they could just talk about it (which will come at some point) and get things across

but yeah looking forward to more

Dex-chan lover
While it's certainly true that all of this is, in part, the result of them being teenagers, as @Kamui said it's peak teen drama, it's also 100% the result of one of them being a closeted lesbian and the other being a lesbian in denial, all within a homophobic society. If they were straight and a guy and a girl or society was more accepting of queerness, it'd be easier for Komaki to conceive of Wakaba ever liking her back the way she likes Wakaba and it'd be easier for Wakaba to accept her own feelings for Komaki.

They're as much victims of heteronormativity as of their closeness or teen stupidity.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this had to do with them being stupid tho. You don't see them thinking one second about how them being both girls had to do with anything.

Dex-chan lover
Wakaba is being dumb but there is absolutely more to her relationship with Komaki that means she thinks she has to feel that way. There was no uncertainty in her statement. She fully believes that Komaki can't/won't ever be attracted to her for some reason.

Double-page supporter
Stupid mindset for a "genius" character like her 🤣🤣. Maybe next she will keep mental torturing Wakaba till Wakaba fall in love with her 🤣

Dex-chan lover
I wasn't expecting a 1:1 of the novel but this is the second chapter to make me question how closely they're actually going to stick to the source, I'm not complaining but like a lot of these actions and monologues are kinda happening out of order and without proper characterization/context

Komakis vulnerability came in early as hell lol. There was supposed to be an entire chapter where Komaki explains that Wakaba always picking "rivalry fights" helped cement in her head the role of "in Wakabas life as long as I'm an antagonist" and follows how Komakis desire to be special to Wakaba ends up perverted into the belief that "a person who Wakaba has stronger feelings for than anyone else" regardless of what those feelings are.

They also gloss over a lot of the straight up alienation and ostracization Komaki experienced to make her feel like that. She wasn't just "too talented for the other kids" like they straight up bullied her and told her on a daily basis that she didn't belong, the moment Wakaba comforted her sealed the obsession 😭

Like these two are honestly still super dramatic but it seems a lot less over the top when certain details aren't skipped. Anyway not complaining, just curious how much change to expect in this adaptation. If anything, hopefully Komakis trauma is actually worked through this time around lol.
This sounds to me the manga isn't a good adaptation then. It makes more sense reading your comments.

Dex-chan lover
Their toxic relationship is a series of whiplash pivots between actual sexual harassment and some of the most affectionate and genuine intimacy I’ve seen in a manga.

What the fuck is wrong with these two idiots?

What the fuck is wrong with me for enjoying this so much!?

Dex-chan lover
The fuck is she yapping about 😐

The only person she loves is herself honestly, instead of confessing to her she goes and dates some guy and gives mc the nastiest of smirks and then proceeds to pretty much "violate" her at this point, which it'd say is a harder and more painful thing to do compared to just like maybe.. fucking talk 😑
Well, middle school narcissist era + wanting to dominate the one you love, and then went too far and realised too late about it... I have a toxic friend who did similar thing and their relationship ended up in disrepair. Unlike manga where you still interact with your nemesis, real life would just cut any connections to the said person...

Users who are viewing this thread