Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
People are saying this is toxic or whatever, but that's not fully true. In reality Komaki and Wakaba are actually deeply in love with each other, they're just even more deeply in denial about their feelings. There's a saying in my country that goes "Only when you're in trouble will you find out who your true friends are" and I feel what happened this chapter encapsulates that saying very well. Wakaba can endlessly monologue about how she hates Komaki kissing and touching her (she actually enjoys it a lot), but the moment Komaki got scared she instantly dropped all pretenses and pulled her towards herself and did her best to comfort her.

While I know the outcome of this story will be normal yuri, I can’t help but wish for the toxic yuri to go on longer. Sadly no hatesex.

Dex-chan lover
5 times reading this.. I've just realized how can a baby win from a grown up woman ? 🤣😅 yow if she really wants to win ya gotta used her two cards!

Have a bet while it's pouring while the thunder is very strong

Dex-chan lover
Well, middle school narcissist era + wanting to dominate the one you love, and then went too far and realised too late about it... I have a toxic friend who did similar thing and their relationship ended up in disrepair. Unlike manga where you still interact with your nemesis, real life would just cut any connections to the said person...
Well this is so true.... we dumb young one do the dumbest thing when we were young

Double-page supporter
I wasn't expecting a 1:1 of the novel but this is the second chapter to make me question how closely they're actually going to stick to the source, I'm not complaining but like a lot of these actions and monologues are kinda happening out of order and without proper characterization/context

Komakis vulnerability came in early as hell lol. There was supposed to be an entire chapter where Komaki explains that Wakaba always picking "rivalry fights" helped cement in her head the role of "in Wakabas life as long as I'm an antagonist" and follows how Komakis desire to be special to Wakaba ends up perverted into the belief that "a person who Wakaba has stronger feelings for than anyone else" regardless of what those feelings are.

They also gloss over a lot of the straight up alienation and ostracization Komaki experienced to make her feel like that. She wasn't just "too talented for the other kids" like they straight up bullied her and told her on a daily basis that she didn't belong, the moment Wakaba comforted her sealed the obsession 😭

Like these two are honestly still super dramatic but it seems a lot less over the top when certain details aren't skipped. Anyway not complaining, just curious how much change to expect in this adaptation. If anything, hopefully Komakis trauma is actually worked through this time around lol.
Haven't read the novels but there's a chance things are just being rearranged rather than being outright skipped. I imagine since it's still the same author they're not gonna just leave out details they know are important.

Dex-chan lover
Well this is so true.... we dumb young one do the dumbest thing when we were young
The perk and stupidity of being young. No one can blame anyone for not knowing what's best during our stupid times. Heck, it even persist even as an adult. I mean, look at what happen in relationships now, with the numbers of divorces and domestic violence...

...If she's bad with spicy food challenge her to a contest of who can eat something spicy the fastest?
This excerpt is from the web novel of this manga which could clarify your question:
"Maybe if I challenge her to a big meal of spicy food or a fast meal, I can easily beat her. But that doesn’t make sense. That is not winning. Even if I win the match, my heart has not won.

She doesn’t like spicy food, which is one of her few flaws. But I don’t think it’s fair to poke at that.

I have several such lines in my mind. Call it a mysterious obsession, but it was important to me. I want to challenge her to a fair fight head-on and beat her with all my might."

Bitch where did you get that from, that you can never be the one she loves the most? You are childhood friends and if you didn’t pull a girls’ code break just because Wakaba had a crush on a random dude your relationship wouldn’t be this strained. You brought this on yourself, miss. :haa:

P.S: Yeah, I know she has no confidence that Wakaba will ever feel romantic feelings for her (girl is dense af ig) but wanting so much to be “hated” could bite her back. The opposite of love is indifference, she’s risking getting the exact antonym of what she really wants. I just don’t get her logic.

If you want her to see you as a possible romantic partner, put yourself out there. If she did the bet thing before she “stole” her crush, maybe it would have been different — since we don’t know if Wakaba explicitly told her that she liked this dude, she could just go “so what that we’re betting your (our) first kiss? not like you’re dating someone”
It is said in the first chapter Common sense doesn’t apply to her

Users who are viewing this thread