Shuu ni Ichido Classmate wo Kau Hanashi - Ch. 1 - It Turns Out Sendai-San’s Value Doesn’t Exceed 5,000 Yen

Yessss, I was waiting for this.
The WN is definitely peak yuri and I'm begging to the gods that it gets official publication in English.
The adaptation feels a bit lacking in the inner monologues, but I guess that is to be expected. Also, I'm guessing the manga chapters will focus on one POV like the novels, who knows.

Well, it depends where you draw the line between "a bit of fun" and "kinkeh" (also how much you feel something needs to be sexual to be considered a kink) - the foot licking thing went away reasonably quickly, but biting absolutely never stopped, even if it's meaning in their relationship shifted quite a lot.

. . . though I'm honestly not sure that anything they do is really a "kink", since I don't think any of the "kinky" things they do are about sexual pleasure - they're not doing any of them because they feel good, they're doing them for other reasons, and the good feels are a side effect. And the good feels are often not even really sexual . . . The foot licking was about dominance and control, biting started out as dominance and control, and then developed into an assertion of ownership (and acceptance of that ownership, for Sendai) . . . and they both ultimately found as many "non-kinky" ways to express those things as they did "kinky" ways.

Argh . . . I'm really trying not to write a 5000 word essay, particularly given this is the very first chapter of the manga adaptation and none of this is going to be visible for ages . . .

Anyway, yeah, if biting is really a kink in the context of their relationship then they definitely keep it up waaaay longer than they do the foot licking thing, which arguably isn't really a kink either . . .

I think the reason why there is less "kinky" stuff is because they actually kiss nowadays. Never mind the fact they already had sex.
I would say the biting is clearly a way to vent their possessiveness and express their desire to be recognized as each other partner.
Given the pace it's following, I'm guessing the latest arc will continue to push for them to be more honest about their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
OH SHIT THIS IS GETTING ADAPTED!:meguupog:

I am unbelievably hype right now. This is among my top favorite yuri stories of all time, and might just be my top favorite right now. I literally just got done a re-read and catch up of the web novel.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
yeah, i graduated with Yuri, i tried going back with this manga and i just find everything weird. GGs i guess

Double-page supporter
(Also, please, mr. translator, could you change Hadzuki into Hazuki, every translation I've seen uses it so this was a bit jarring for me, but granted idk japanese so maybe your take is more accurate? It's just that I've seen Hazuki multiple times in anime and manga and it rolls of the tongue better, so I got used to it, I've looked into some character databases and there are ton of Hazuki's, but almost no Hadzuki's)
Hazuki is probably more correct because there's literally no hira/kata-gana
for D.

though perhaps it's Hatsuki?

Dex-chan lover
Hazuki is probably more correct because there's literally no hira/kata-gana
for D.

though perhaps it's Hatsuki?
No it's Hazuki, and that's explained later in the series that her name is 葉月 "August" since that's her birth month. As such, "Hazuki" would be the correct way to read it.

Dex-chan lover
5000 yen for 3 hours is like $10/hr. She's cheap as hell which is how you know she's getting something else out of this :meguusmug:

Supporter
Was wondering why I recognized your name, just caught up to where Angela stopped translating. She was doing such an amazing job. Do you know why she ever stopped?
Sadly no. I'm guessing life just got in the way - it did for me, I ended up well behind for a while due to job and other commitments (though I did manage to start catching up after a while), I imagine the same kind of thing happens for anyone doing things like this for the love of it . . .

YKqVUqV.png

bocchi-bocchi-the-rock.gif

N2O

Dex-chan lover
I feel like that should have turned out way more erotic..?

Dex-chan lover
30$-ish a week and i can lick a pretty girl’s foot? where the fuck do i sign up?

Fed-Kun's army
Since you have read the source material, can you answer a question I have?

Are these 2 only going to have a “relationship” with each other or does it take the annoying route of having one or both of them get together with a different random person?
Sorry for butting in but dont worry those two are possessive to each other lol.

This feels oddly familiar...

"The Classmate Who Says "Its Impossible For Two Girls To Fall In Love" Falls Within 100 Days" vibes anyone?
Similar but heavier. There is more focus on the nature of their relationship and neither of them are honest to themselves about their feelings.
Even when they have a romantic relationship Miyaga doesn't believe Sendai when she tells her she loves her.

Following this from web novel, and then moved in on digital light novel, and finally manga adapt, can’t wait for anime adaption

Dex-chan lover
This feels oddly familiar...

"The Classmate Who Says "Its Impossible For Two Girls To Fall In Love" Falls Within 100 Days" vibes anyone?
I immediately got that impression as well, from the basic premise. But these two characters here seem to come across with a bit more realism to their personalities, which makes them more engaging for me. Admittedly, this could just be me assigning character traits and motivations to "blank slate" type characters that only have 2 chapters of introduction. But relatable and realistic characters engaging in romantic & lewd antics is something I am looking forward to! Hopefully it's done well and doesn't end up in a mess!

Users who are viewing this thread