Shuumatsu no Kohinata-san - Ch. 2 - Stairs

Her facial expression is just so precious.

Kinda want the author to and also to not touch on why Humanity disappeared and why they're there. Perhaps that's what makes this manga so intriguing.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't get it. Why was she trying so desperately to win?

Dex-chan lover
no matter how i look this, i can't help to think this is just inferior version of gakkou gurashi.

@ryouhira so far this is shaping up to be completely different in theme. Where Gakkou Gurashi was about desperation and sadness, this is more about melancholy and bittersweet interactions.

@VINT64 The idea is that for children it'd be a game to see who can get to the top first, but its not enough just to win, winning with rock lets you take 3 steps up the stairs, winning with a paper lets you take 6, and winning with scissors lets you take 5 (the number of syllables in the word in japanese is the number of steps). That said the variant that the robot girl was trying to pull off here was to have both people reach the top at nearly the same time to "close the distance" in love, something that is kind of a school kid's confession or way of affirming love for someone else.

fuck thinking the setting really makes me teary-eyed

also thx for translating!

Users who are viewing this thread