Shy na Ano Ko ni Natsukaretai - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Translating "懐かれたい" as "I want this girl to fall for me" isn't accurate.
That’s not what the RAW text says, and it doesn’t capture the proper interpretation of 懐かれたい in this context.

Her manner of speech make it clear that she wants the cute girl to get close to her in a friendly way. It's more like "I want this girl to like me," "to grow closer to me," or "to grow fonder of me", almost to what you would say to a pet lmao.

Some might argue, "Isn't this the same? Isn't it obvious that she's already in love?" Yes, you have a point, but it's not the same because the character herself isn't aware of it yet, even if it's clear to us as readers that she subconsciously is. The whole idea of the manga is that the character wants to get close to the cute girl so she can pamper her like the cute girl's friend does (She herself will say this next chapter). From there, naturally progress to romance and, hopefully, a truly cute GL relationship (because I'm tired of all those "Friendship Ending" GL manga).

Translating it as "I want this girl to fall for me" immediately misrepresents the character’s initial perspective. It feels like the translation is saying, "Yeah, no, this IS what you meant!", in counter of the character's apparent lack of self-awareness

Now, I know I'm being too attached to this, or that I'm being too pedantic, but this kind of interpretation, when it spreads to more contexts, especially more serious ones, can lead to readers misunderstanding characters thinking they have certain expectations YET.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Translating "懐かれたい" as "I want this girl to fall for me" isn't accurate.
That’s not what the RAW text says, and it doesn’t capture the proper interpretation of 懐かれたい in this context.

Her manner of speech make it clear that she wants the cute girl to get close to her in a friendly way. It's more like "I want this girl to like me," "to grow closer to me," or "to grow fonder of me", almost to what you would say to a pet lmao.

Some might argue, "Isn't this the same? Isn't it obvious that she's already in love?" Yes, you have a point, but it's not the same because the character herself isn't aware of it yet, even if it's clear to us as readers that she subconsciously is. The whole idea of the manga is that the character wants to get close to the cute girl so she can pamper her like the cute girl's friend does (She herself will say this next chapter). From there, naturally progress to romance and, hopefully, a truly cute GL relationship (because I'm tired of all those "Friendship Ending" GL manga).

Translating it as "I want this girl to fall for me" immediately misrepresents the character’s initial perspective. It feels like the translation is saying, "Yeah, no, this IS what you meant!", in counter of the character's apparent lack of self-awareness

Now, I know I'm being too attached to this, or that I'm being too pedantic, but this kind of interpretation, when it spreads to more contexts, especially more serious ones, can lead to readers misunderstanding characters thinking they have certain expectations YET.
thanks for the feedback, i have changed the text

Dex-chan lover
A lot of yuri will have one of the girls fall for the other for some deep, personal reason where they, like, helped them through a deep seated trauma or something, and that's great in its own way, we love seeing that. But, sometimes, it's nice for a girl to fall in love with another girl because she's cute when she's sleepy.

Dex-chan lover
Now this is a true Knight in shining armor
9AOvVXj.png

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how she will react if she was told how she acted back then🤣

Thank you for your work Rosmontis

Supporter
Ah yes 100% pure fluff. I need this as a palate cleanser for what feels like is a growing list of serious, toxic, or sad yuri I've been reading lately.

I like that both are shy in different ways. Such an adorkable duo.

Users who are viewing this thread