SHY - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Respect

Dex-chan lover
I think shy's friend is the girl in the cover, the twin tail black haired one, so I'm guessing she's gona be a hero too tho I'm more interested if they are gona be a pair together aka yuri tho I Highly doubt it but a man can dream Lmao

Man now that I went back and saw the front cover, it looks like black haired twin tailed girl is jealous at shy x Russian girl so it looks like there could be yuri.....cant wait for more

Annnnd, the reason he changed his name to David Bowie is because, about the time he was getting started in music, another David Jones (or Davey Jones) was making the scene on American TV as a actor/singer in the TV Show The Monkees after winning a Tony award for the role of The Artful Dodger in the London and Broadway stage versions of Oliver.

Aggregator gang
I'm detecting high readings of shoujo-ai in this sector, captain.

Additionally, basing a superhero off David Bowie is pretty funny, and the bait-and-switch cut to him shooting a music video instead of actually massacring mooks was pretty slick.

...wonder what they want Shy's friend for?

Aggregator gang
I knew for sure it was a David Bowie reference but I didn't think he'd literally be an AU David Bowie.

Contributor
@Lilliwyt
So what will happen with Koshikawa ? She is a normal human, it's not like she could really help Shy with her superhero job.

Maybe she will be able to use her transformation/dark power later ? And not become crazy when using this form, ofc.

Dex-chan lover
How dare she call arming sword a zweihander! Or did she meant something else?

Dex-chan lover
Additionally, basing a superhero off David Bowie is pretty funny

Fun fact, John Constantine (you may remember him as a character played by Keanu Reeves if you're unfortunate, or recognize him as the dude in my profile picture if you're fortunate) was loosely based off of David Bowie in a few ways back in the initial work with the character for Swamp Thing. John is pretty much anything but a superhero, but he does rub shoulders with them from time to time when he isn't busy getting his regular friends killed horrifically in the line of duty against bad mojo wilding lunatics.

Users who are viewing this thread