SHY - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Is it Cold in Russia?

Dex-chan lover
Pepesha being an orphan isn't something I expected. I suppose Sveta was someone she grew up with at the orphanage then.

She was super cute in that maid outfit when she was younger, she should wear it again and see how she'd look in one now.

She grew up in Yurii orphanage? 1 letter away from yuri. No wonder the series has a Yuri feel to it.

Dex-chan lover
I really like how human all the characters are in the story.
Pesha feels like a real soul.

Dex-chan lover
She grew up in Yurii orphanage? 1 letter away from yuri. No wonder the series has a Yuri feel to it.

I see it coming miles away that someone will point out the name of the orphanage. Will it's true it's close to Yuri, remember that it's Russia and so Yuri is just a name. From the Wikipedia page, Yurii and its various orthographs are just from slavic form of the name George.

She was super cute in that maid outfit when she was younger
That's a standard soviet school uniform.

The orphanage director is an alcoholic too judging by his red nose.

Dex-chan lover
¿Pepesa had a superhuman liver before obtaining her powers?

Dex-chan lover
"Even without her power, Pepesha-san is still a beloved hero."

...Aww geeze, why are my cheeks wet?

Dex-chan lover
@Famas Whoopsies. my mistake... Wait do you mean the last photo or the one on page 19? I was referring to page 19.

@Lilliwyt I know Yuri is just a name in Russia but can't help but feel it was used intentionally over some other possible name choices just based on the connotations of the name.

Dex-chan lover
She grew up in a place called "Yurii Orphanage"

That explains a lot, actually

(I don't ship these two, honestly I think Russian Chick should get with the trap just because that would be funny)

@Famas

I thought you were bsing until Google proved you were right. Still surprised the soviet school uniform is a maid uniform.

Also, Pepesha so cute the entire chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I just wondered for whole chapter, where can this take place. With simplistic style I can't say for sure, but architecture looks like something that could be built in 19-th century. No traces of soviet era structures or modern commercial buildings. The population is ridiculously blond.

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy this is just how japanesse belive how russia is, it is the same as how americans belive mexico has a sepia color light.

Dex-chan lover
@ixsaz Eh? But usually Japanese artists think Russia is Kremlin surrounded by tundra and some military hangars? Well, maybe some 16-century village or two.

holy shit TIL soviet school uniform is basically a maid costume

wait, how old is pepesha?

Users who are viewing this thread