Sigrid - Ch. 1

“The knighthood was reduced to an occupation but the white silver knight remained untainted”
“They obey their lord and bring honor”

The logic in this seemed off to me somewhat, not sure if it’s because my morality is different. What does the manga mean exactly by “honor”? People would generally agree that massacring a town and killing innocent unarmed children isn’t exactly honorable. I wouldn’t say that mc is untainted if they don’t bring honor.
So my question then is, is “bringin honor” just following the kings orders?
I think I know the answer though, that this is a stupid question and that “honor” means nothing and that it was just put there because we’re supposed to see the mc as a perfect knight. Man I sure do love manhwas and eastern culture, they don’t have aaaany issues with storytelling whatsoever!

I am also curious about the tags for this manhwa. It’s tagged as “historical,” but I can’t seem to recall a time in history when there were female knights in the knights’ order. Am I confused about what the tag means, lacking historical context, or is the tag just wrong?

Dex-chan lover
“The knighthood was reduced to an occupation but the white silver knight remained untainted”
“They obey their lord and bring honor”

The logic in this seemed off to me somewhat, not sure if it’s because my morality is different. What does the manga mean exactly by “honor”? People would generally agree that massacring a town and killing innocent unarmed children isn’t exactly honorable. I wouldn’t say that mc is untainted if they don’t bring honor.
So my question then is, is “bringin honor” just following the kings orders?
I think I know the answer though, that this is a stupid question and that “honor” means nothing and that it was just put there because we’re supposed to see the mc as a perfect knight. Man I sure do love manhwas and eastern culture, they don’t have aaaany issues with storytelling whatsoever!

I am also curious about the tags for this manhwa. It’s tagged as “historical,” but I can’t seem to recall a time in history when there were female knights in the knights’ order. Am I confused about what the tag means, lacking historical context, or is the tag just wrong?
Okay, so for a knight, in a lot of cases, "honor" really was just doing as your lord commanded. A knight pledges their sword to a lord. That wasn't meant to just be lip service or a fancy employment contract. You couldn't just refuse orders and quit without severe consequences. Best case scenario is you wander the land as lordless knight with no honor, no better than a mercenary, rarely being employed by decent people. No lord would accept a knight who has already betrayed their lord once. Worst case you get executed, or crippled and left to beg.

Honor isn't the same to us as it was to them.

Dex-chan lover
Emperor a genius in my opinion.
He used her to commit all the atrocities necessary to cement his reign.
And when public opinions where souring he used her as the scape goat since she was always at the scene of his crimes.
Can't fault him. A good king isn't always a moral one

Users who are viewing this thread