Simple mode

Dex-chan lover
The site is getting really complex and fancy. It's running slow on older devices, so I suggest a setting that simplifies/removes some unnecessary styling, kind of like Gmail's html mode.

Upvote 1
I use my 10+ year old secondary laptop to read manga because of its excellent contrast ratio, so I can see where you're coming from. My solution to lag -

If you're using chrome switch to firefox, mangadex runs 1000x smoother on it;
If you want to continue using chrome then you can use these ublock filters I wrote, they remove the graphically intense elements. Also turn off ambient in settings.

Code:
! manga page banner lag fix
mangadex.org##.layout-container.manga:style(--banner-filter:unset !important)
mangadex.org##.banner-container>.banner-shade:style(backdrop-filter:blur(0px) !important)
mangadex.org##.banner-image:style(filter:blur(4px) !important;transition:unset !important)
! show more on manga page, left drawer and omni search made smooth
mangadex.org##.drawer,.nav-bar-search,.readmore,.navbar-wrap,.md-modal__shade:style(transition:unset !important)
! removes blur from search background
mangadex.org##.md-blur,.md-modal__shade,.banner::after:style(backdrop-filter:unset !important)
! MD home popular blur fix
mangadex.org###__nuxt > div.flex.flex-grow > div.flex-grow > div.md-content > div > div.relative.header > div:nth-child(2) > div.swiper.swiper-initialized.swiper-horizontal.sm\:overflow-hidden.sm\:shadow.sm\:rounded-xl > div > div.swiper-slide.swiper-slide-active > a > img:style(--tw-blur:blur(8px) !important)

I have written 100's of filters for mangadex but these few are the ones which make the most difference and the best part is, the site looks the same. Hope this helps :)

edit: site update may break these filters, I'll keep these updated in case someone in the future uses these.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow that is a super noticeable difference even on a recently made laptop, thank you.
I have written 100's of filters for mangadex but these few are the ones which make the most difference and the best part is, the site looks the same.
Wonder why these are not incorporated into the site design if it looks the same and is more optimized.

Updated for site version v2023.11.27
Code:
! MangaDex : v2023.11.27
! manga page banner blur
mangadex.org##.layout-container.manga:style(--banner-filter:unset !important)
mangadex.org##.banner-container>.banner-shade:style(backdrop-filter:blur(0px) !important)
mangadex.org##.banner-image:style(filter:blur(3px) !important;transition:unset !important)
! left drawer, omni search and 'show more' on manga page
mangadex.org##.drawer,div[class*="transition-"],.animated,.nav-bar-search,.navbar-wrap,.md-modal__shade:style(transition:unset !important)
! search background blur
mangadex.org##.md-blur,.md-modal__shade,.banner::after:style(backdrop-filter:unset !important)
! placeholder animation
mangadex.org##.placeholder:style(animation:unset !important)

In addition to that, this one auto closes the left drawer which is helpful for smaller screen sizes.
Requires uBO 1.54+ with trustedListPrefixes set to -ublock -user (more info here)
or
uBO Dev Build 1.53.5rc13+
Code:
! auto close drawer
mangadex.org##+js(trusted-click-element, #__nuxt > div.flex.flex-grow.text-color > div.flex.flex-col.bg-accent.h-screen.md\:h-full.z-\[7\].lg\:z-auto > div.drawer > div > div.mx-4.py-2.flex-shrink-0.flex.justify-between.items-center > button)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread