Since When Do Guys Find Divorcees Attractive? - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - A nice place.

Dex-chan lover
you cut your own hair, and wore sweatpants to college? werent you worried about how others thought of you?
ouch. i feel like im getting called out haha. not that i ever cared about the opinions of strangers, you cant live your life by other peoples standards.

Dex-chan lover
she also looks down on her mother for being a mom.
That's not true at all. That's not what was said at the end of the last chapter before and after the slap
I did all the laundry and meals for my husband. He took it for granted and didn't appreciate it. At the end of the day, I got cheated on. Just being patient and pretending you don't know anything. Is that love? Is that marriage? A mother's life is really boring, isn't it?
It looks as though that's how the mother interpreted it. Especially when you consider that was in response to the mother forcing her ideals onto her, how she should drop her job, how she must have done wrong with how she raised her, how she should live for and devote herself to her husband and bear his children instead.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No wonder she slapped her. People attack the mom, but she also looks down on her mother for being a mom.
Her mother described part of being a wife-- and mother-- as putting up with infidelity, in addition to implying that mothers give birth to children to take care of them in their old age and to demonstrate their fertility.

On the other hand, Ono already suffered infidelity in her own marriage. She did everything she was supposed to do as a wife, and was never appreciated for it to the point that she was cheated on by a man that appeared to be so earnest when they married. She suffered exactly like her mother, who told her that she should have put up with the infidelity (something she was ready to do, too, if not for her ex-husband's insistence on leaving her).

She doesn't look down on her mother for being a mother. Rather, she's despondent about the prospect of wifehood and motherhood because the most intimate examples she has of it objectively suck, and she's being told that it's supposed to suck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread