Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 2 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
@ArpanaR

Yes, you definitely can, not just could. In the days of the Holy Roman Empire, buying titles was pretty much the norm. Rich merchants bought noble titles all the time. It may not come with land, but it was possible to buy land and noble titles at the same time. French nobilities could even be 'bought' by paying money to be adopted.

Today, you can be a Scottish 'lord' by paying for 1m square land, which means nothing in reality because the Scots didn't have the same concept as English lords. Scottish 'lord' (laird) basically refers to a landowner and not knights. You won't get a coat of arms with this title, but Ai-chan is sure there are ways to get a coat of arms legally.

If you are not hung up on West European titles such as Baron, Count and the like, you can also buy a Malaysian noble title (Dato, which is a sweeping title for a range of noble titles). It rarely comes with land and it's not a medieval noble title, but it is a legal and respected noble title and you can attach it in front of your name legally. How to get it? By performing certain deeds and applying for the title. You can throw money at a charity the sultan (or his queen) is supporting or turn a village into a bustling trade center or own a port and it will most likely grant a noble title. It will be yours alone and can't be inherited by your children, but you can keep it for as long as you live.

@Aichan
Thanks for such a lengthy explanation Ai-chan 🙂 I was always weak at history, GK, and , well.... norms around the world ! Thanks for explaining! Had no idea about nobility and customs related to it. Just heard of nobility from the mangas/manhuas & Light novels that a started reading a while back!
I was really curious, cuz I’m just hung up on this one story, and the mc is... well things are complicated, and it’s due to those blue bloods! But well, let’s see how the story unfolds.
Thanks again 😊

As expected money is the best. If i go into another world i want to be so filthy rich that even buying a title wouldn't put a dent in my money.

Anyway alejandro really went that far for ibee. That's what i call dedication. Ibee gotta work hard to learn proper manners and etiquette now as a noble furthermore a future duchess. Oh wait.... now that she's a noble, the prince wouldn't be after her right?? I would be pissed if he does.

Dex-chan lover
Money can get you noble status even now. Hell you can get it online LOL.

... How does one buy a noble status? What kind of fortune did he just pour on the King for this to happen...?

For a second there I was like "so this manhwa is over now?" then I was just like "Oh yeah....snobby red-haired guy and blonde girl..."

I see that Ibee's scar on her hand disappeared on page 12, the artist and editor must have tired. 😅

Users who are viewing this thread