Siscon Ani to Brocon Imouto ga Shoujiki ni Nattara - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - When I Make My Choice For Your Sake

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like he’s really limiting his career options. Why is it solely between civil servant and game dev. There are tons of other careers.

Dex-chan lover
Uta: "is that what you want to do"
-MC: "Yes"
Uta: "that does not make me happy"
MC: "Why, I'm doing it for you"

Dude just perfectly countered his first answer trying to explain why his first answer should make her happy. And MC wants a job communicating with the public on a daily basis when he cant even keep his own arguments consistent?

Dex-chan lover
@Quiescent-Rose it's basically "terrible but stable job" vs "unstable job he can be passionate about"
So yes there are other jobs but this is exagerated for impact

jak

Contributor
Incestuous Brother sister game developer duo.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'll say it one more time.
MAKING GAME IS NOT FUN!!!!!!
If you like playing game, become gamer or youtuber!

Dex-chan lover
wow, good job Uta! Slap some sense into him!
@sawr I love playing games and I love making games, so I don't know what you're talking about o_o. But yeah, I agree that playing games is much different than making them.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
I mean, can I even complain about how his choice is the responsible and rational one but he's going to be convinced to ~follow his dreams~ because muh happiness?

In this kind of manga?

Dex-chan lover
Yes it's rational, but civil servant is horrible and depressing kind of job, 12 hour days for only 8 hours pay with no overtime bonus because social pressure. The birth rate on japan is horrible becuase of this shit, the husband works almost literally all the time so he has no time to have sex with his wife and so they don't make any babies.

Contributor
Civil servant is a really stable job, he's right with that. Once you got the job, you can keep it until the end.
Problem is, it's probably one of the worst type of jobs in Japan. Your daily life is work, work, eat, sleep, work. Nothing else.

You're not living, you're just a machine.

Coding or creating stuff in Blender is anything but fun, don't associate playing games with making them kids!

Fed-Kun's army
What the author thinks Game Dev is like:
"Oh yay! I get to play my favorite games all day! Oh and would you look at the time. 5pm! Better clock out and go fuck my sister!"

What it's actually like:
"I've been looking through this script for the past 4 hours and I still have no idea why the game won't run. Fuck, I think I worked through dinner again, but I can't go home until I get rid of this bug and make a playable build. Sorry, Uta. Looks like I'm sleeping at the office again."

Dex-chan lover
@sunsetseeker yes, but at least that isn't every fucking day, civil servant job results in you literally doing only one of three actions, eating, sleeping, or working, until you die of stress or suicide.

I think the author just want to make an issue for the MC guy, that whether he will pursue his passion, or sacrificed it for the sake of his sister. Choosing Game Developer as one of the choice is the fit one, since our guy here is a game lover.

I mean, what else job that can be connected with his passion ? Youtuber ? Really ?

Fed-Kun's army
I guess he could go into the production and planning part of it, rather than programming. Not sure if that’s any better.

Civil servant should be Plan B ( or C, or D, or...) while Happy game dev should be Plan A

Dex-chan lover
Well, it was obvious that the author would put some drama to separate the couple, after all, if he didn't they would be fucking right now, and we can't have it on this manga.....sad, but predictable

Users who are viewing this thread