Skill Lender’s Retrieving (Tale) ~I Told You It’s 10% Per 10 Days at First, Didn’t I?~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Anyone have a party builder story suggestion? I really liked that flashback scene, and I think I might appreciate it more than the current story, cause even though I walked into this one knowing what it was, I'm kinda burnt out on these stories.
Unfortunately, way too many revenge ones for parties.
Strongest rear guard is one of the few I can think off the top of my head. Which isn't a revenge story and has a lot of team building (skill choosing etc) when the party develops.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
Anyone have a party builder story suggestion? I really liked that flashback scene, and I think I might appreciate it more than the current story, cause even though I walked into this one knowing what it was, I'm kinda burnt out on these stories.
Unfortunately, way too many revenge ones for parties.
Strongest rear guard is one of the few I can think off the top of my head. Which isn't a revenge story and has a lot of team building (skill choosing etc) when the party develops.

Thanks for the TL
Closest i can think of is the harem parody manga Zatsuyo Gakari Ken Shien Jutsu She Ha Party which is essentially a parody on the genre with a guy who is the backbone of the party, thinking he's gonna be fired any day now, but his party loves him (both literally and figuratively) and a good part of the story is trying to get him to realize no, they aren't gonna fire him.

There's also hazure failure frame or whatever it's called, which is a more or less dark revenge story with alot of scummy villans (real villains, like rapists and murderers type) that follows a party building and bonding story for a good part of the story, even if it's dark in it's tone.

Dex-chan lover
It's simply an easy formula that can go in about 2 ways:

1. Revenge
And 2. Separation

This story is following the 2nd option, and is also dealing with the consequences of their former parties' actions with a mild kind of revenge. He should've just seized all of their skills as soon as he left the city, but that doesn't make for a good story, or dramatic moments like in this chapter.

But I'd rather read stories of moving on from past trauma, than someone fulfilling an unending desire for "revenge." Because revenge is nothing but anger towards a past you can no longer change, and is pointless without any kind of forgiveness, and growing past the pain.

Dex-chan lover
My favorite is The Most Notorious Talker Runs the World's Greatest Clan.
Idk if that's exactly the style you are looking for but similar betrayal does occur and the rest is just party building. MC is seriously the best in the series too.

Dex-chan lover

It hasn't updated in so long, but I really liked "The Chronicles of the Misfit Quartet and Their Unrivaled Synergy" which is about a couple of people who've had to go solo due to having some skills with huge drawbacks meeting up and finding that they actually synergize really well.

Aggregator gang
Closest i can think of is the harem parody manga Zatsuyo Gakari Ken Shien Jutsu She Ha Party which is essentially a parody on the genre with a guy who is the backbone of the party, thinking he's gonna be fired any day now, but his party loves him (both literally and figuratively) and a good part of the story is trying to get him to realize no, they aren't gonna fire him.
That one is my favourite lmao, along with The Most Notorious Talker Runs the World's Greatest Clan.

Contributor
Another World Munchkin. I'm not sure "party building" can be the genre of a series, it is something that normally only happens at the beginning.

Dex-chan lover
If you like gacha theres also Gacha wo Mawashite Nakama wo Fuyasu Saikyou no Bishoujo Gundan wo Tsukuriagero or Gacha Girl Corps. Not quite sure if rolling gacha in expanding the party is called party builder though www

Dex-chan lover
Nice! Thanks for the new chapter.

Can't wait for Altra to be finally put to his place.

Dex-chan lover
I really liked that flashback scene
Seems strange that there isn't (any that I can think of) stories where you have a group of people with oddball abilities, but when they work together it forms one really cohesive whole. Like how our MC allowed the Hero to see during his attacks.
Japan is just too obsessed with this party banishment schtick to show a healthy well functioning group of friends, I swear.

Dex-chan lover
Seems strange that there isn't (any that I can think of) stories where you have a group of people with oddball abilities, but when they work together it forms one really cohesive whole. Like how our MC allowed the Hero to see during his attacks.
Japan is just too obsessed with this party banishment schtick to show a healthy well functioning group of friends, I swear.
Sousou no Frieren? Well, the old party mostly.

Oh, and there was this one manga where you had a lot of folks with downside abilities, but combined they basically removed the consequences of the downsides and only kept the OP parts of them. I forget the name, it only had a few chapters translated so far.

Dex-chan lover
My Daughter Grew Up to "Rank S" Adventurer has a bit of it, or rather, will have a bit of it.

Dex-chan lover
Boku igai Zennin Tenseisha ka yo!?
It's parody like Konosuba, which caught my attention atm, it's good

Fed-Kun's army
Live Dungeon!
Protagonist got transfer into another world. and protagonist is Healer class so it won't be hehe i'm pro and have god tier skill/item something like that

Users who are viewing this thread