Skip and Loafer - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Sparkling High School Student

thanks sleepyhead for picking this up! I'm looking forward to rereading this :)
@eviljackspicer the previous translator got in a disagreement with a mod and removed all his scanlations from mangadex.

Dex-chan lover
You should NOT translate Skip to Loafer, or at least NOT from the first chapter.

People, go to Batato to read this.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino Why the hell not? Jolly good show, I say.

I think the Paul Bunyan person is within their (informal) rights to pull their stuff. They did the work, fine, they can decide where it gets shown (it's kind of pointless since most of the internet will ignore that, but that doesn't mean we should imitate that bad behaviour). But that doesn't mean they're not being a jerk--as a library person I have no respect for anyone whose reaction to a minor personal spat is to damage an archive. It's just within their rights to be a jerk.
And so while they can decide where their work goes, I see no reason to enshrine their damage to the archive as if I was actually endorsing their decision to be a dick. So if someone else does the work and starts to heal the archive, that's a good thing. It becomes the new person's decision what to do with their work and that's none of the Paul Bunyan person's business.

Dex-chan lover
@eviljackspicer Mods thought a description for a one shot contained a spoiler and so edited the description. He got mad, changed it back and threatened to remove everything if they touched it again. They did and it turned out he wasn't bluffing.

Dex-chan lover
@eviljackspicer he wrote all the plot of one of the manga he translated directly into the description on the front page and an admin put it under the "spoiler" tag. He posted a raging rant about admins modifying his work and removed the spoiler; the admin reminded him about the rules and the common courtesy, and reapplied the spoiler. He nuked everything and left mangadex.
Just that. In the span of three posts.
@Suben they didn't edited it, they just put it under a spoiler tag.

Looks like Sleepyhead is picking up another Monthly Afternoon series. It will probably take some time for them to catch up to where the translations last left off, but at least now people on Mangadex can read it.

I do wonder though if they plan on catching up to where the current volumes end (Volume 4) or if they plan on catching up to where the main series is at right now (Chapter 27 just came out last week). Either way, I just hope more people get the chance to read this series. It's so good and should be much more popular than where it is at right now

Dex-chan lover
It depends on what, if any, differences there are between the magazine and tankobon raws I would assume. With Insomnia for example it's understandable that they do it the way they do because there's generally a lot of art improvements including some things being completely redrawn or characters being redesigned between the magazine and tank versions.

If that's not really the case with this then I don't see any reason why they wouldn't go with the magazine raws unless they just feel the tankobon raws are better quality.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for bringing this back, its lovely and I was blindsided by its removal.

Group Leader
missed this manga. unfortunate on what happened on the previous translation, but i guess that's just how it is. thank you for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up. I hate it when scanlation teams have an autistic outburst.

Thank you so much for picking this up! Dont know what to say but i’m super grateful & geuninely rooting for you! 😂👏🦾💓

Thank you for your bringing this manga to us again. Highly appreciated! ♡

Users who are viewing this thread