Skyfire Avenue

Dex-chan lover
I'm really surprised that this got an adaptation considering absolutely nothing interesting happens for hundreds of chapters. It's one of those stories that focuses on the characters but doesn't do it well, most of these types of stories add tons of battles and fighting to keep everything interesting but this one just has little spurts of that here and there between long stretches of small talk and over hyping up characters with little to no pay off.

OMG,its Zeus, i read that novel along ago and its already completed one, now its manhua, hope it goes like novel.

Aggregator gang
The best parts of the story are the ones where the bunch of rich ponces waxes poetic over fine wine and food, the rest kinda just makes you want to bash your skull against a wall. Bloody hell do I hate what the novel turned into after the ayylmaos got introduced.

Suprised this one took so long to get a adaptation since it's one of the less cringy chinese WNs

Double-page supporter
Its like jumping into the 15th book of a series and not knowing what happened because the story telling is that fucking bad. I hate the fact that i share the same blood as these writers sometimes lmfaooo

@Flashplayer0CD actually in novel, the story is good, but in here, some of it been cut and skip, you can check your self in wuxiaworld dot com yourself.

Double-page supporter
OH GOD, OH GODM MY EYES!! even the ln covers were miles ahead of this garbage, the original plot was more complex , this can't be even called watering down, and finally, the girls in the shop, BIIG SIIIIGH...

The story can be half decent and readable but the thing is the author keeps jumping places literary, there is no co-ordination between story line, mc is talking with someone and he is randomly together with someone else in a totally new place in next scene

So, as a fan of the original novel, I regret to say that this adaptation has received the common treatment where scenes are patched together with little regard for functional pacing.

The novel itself is polarizing, because the author originally wanted to focus more on the wine, food, etc. and expertise of the skyfire avenue shopkeepers. It's these scenes that go a long way in establishing sympathetic characters. So while the author eventually caved to readers and doubled down on the combat elements, it still made you care about the main character more. Here, that entire bit seems to have been removed, which makes Zeus seem more ofself-entitled even than he was intended to be.

I'd check out the novel at wuxiaworld. It's not for everyone, but it's going to be better than this adaptation.

So was that just casual rape? Dropped in literally the first 5 chapters?

Yeah that's gonna be a yikes from me.

Double-page supporter
Protagonist literally raped an unconscious girl, then considered killing her to make the problem go away. And it's played off as a joke. This isn't some dark comedy either, the author is just a genuine fucking idiot. Considering this is supposed to be a self-insert wish-fulfillment fantasy, that really says something about the author and anyone who likes this.

Users who are viewing this thread