Slime Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 38 - Revenge and Slime

Double-page supporter
Did he actually manage it this time? I didn't see Darul anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
@Lallander I wonder that too, unless Vlad can cast magic in such a unique way... which I doubt. Would be cool if Slime-san could use magic, even if it was 1 spell a day

Dex-chan lover
@Torappu @Wexmajor @Lallander @Liquidxlax

so in Japanese RPGs there are "seeds" which you eat to permanently raise your stats, such as mp. So yes, it was heavily implied in the japanese that it would have permanently raised his MP in this case. Theyre also super rare items you basically cant buy in stores in most games, hence why it was so precious when she gave it to him. This isnt really specific to a JRPG, its more like a general JRPG thing... i dunno why western games dont have them tbh

Dex-chan lover
@roetheboat except you get multiples of these, like i think theyre in dragon quest, you might find 60-80 or more throughout the game, and u can farm them if u farm the right mobs

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx Yea, I know of these seeds, pots, shrooms or items in general. I do remember discussing it with other users in past chapters. There were no speciffics, but it kind of sounded like the item is an MP restorative that gives a certain amount of mp no matter how much your capacity is and once you've used it you've used it and it doesn't regenerate. Its like a battle prep item or something that would allow you to use a high tier spell that consumes more MP than you can normally store. But, again we haven't been given solid info imo

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax sorry for the late reply, but what im trying to tell you is that if you were a japanese reader, it would be clear what the item does, because these are very common items in JRPGs, basically its a permanent increase to his maximum mana.

wait, so Slime can cast magic again?

Didn't last time Slime couldn't cast cause the Seed was suppose to be temporary?

Did Slime ate another Seed?

Dex-chan lover
Convo below reminds me of the herbs from the Tales series (Lavender and whatnot) that add permanent stats.

esp

It didn't cast cuz the brother wouldn't let him cast it before.

Dex-chan lover
@chaos_animagic The seed was DEFINITELY never temporary lol. He was just being interrupted last time. Remember how she talked up how expensive the seed was? That's because it was a stat upgrade... a temporary upgrade wouldn't be insanely spendy like that, and probably wouldn't have had the imagery of a seed.

Anyways I know I'm necroing so sorry about that, but this is like 4 replies in a row where I wanted to say "the seed is definitely permanent"

Users who are viewing this thread