Slime Saint - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Visiting an Orphanage Together

Dex-chan lover
When I hear 'slums' I think 'shanty town on the outskirts'. Isn't this more like a run down inner city?
Unless The Nun had a big grudge for jelly
Then why offer poisoned cookies to Celestria? And why bring a whole tray of them to where the kids are instead of luring the saint(s) away? Sloppy.
On the other hand, it might be fishy that the messenger contacted both saints even though one was supposed to be enough. Then again, old Jelly wouldn't even bother to show up for the invitation. Hmm...

Dex-chan lover
Y'all think it's poison while I at first thought that he just fell over while running... How pure my head is...

Dex-chan lover
Jelly could probably eat a poisoned cookie. As a slime she'd probably be able to taste whatever plants they used to make it.

Also, suspicious lack of caterpillar from the last chapter... just saying...

Dex-chan lover
The most important part of the saint power: She can make papers fly around her to make it look more impressive!

Kids, even very poor and unfortunate kids, know how to have fun.

Time to use her paper blowing powers!

When I hear 'slums' I think 'shanty town on the outskirts'. Isn't this more like a run down inner city?
That's how it usually was back then. Still is. But I think it's more referring to old, run-down areas people with money escaped from and left to the poor.

Then why offer poisoned cookies to Celestria? And why bring a whole tray of them to where the kids are instead of luring the saint(s) away? Sloppy.
That's my beef with the poison theory. It's just way too sloppy.

Dex-chan lover
I love the faces Slime-Jelly makes.

I want to pat Celestria's head.

Whatever is wrong with that kid, this is a chance for Slime-Jelly to learn more about saint power. Either healing the kid herself, or watching Celestria do it.

Aggregator gang
I think it's just peanut allergy or similar.
If it's even remotely realistic that's unlikely. This high frequency of allergies is a modern problem.

Why this is happening isn't known but kids more exposed to the outside or in rural areas they suffer from far less allergies.
One theory is that improved hygiene is to blame, as children are not getting as many infections.
Parasitic infections, in particular, are normally fought by the same mechanisms involved in tackling allergies. With fewer parasites to fight, the immune system turns against things that should be harmless.

Last edited:
So wait, nobody ever played with the kids? Not even the kids? The girl asked about "fun" like it was a foreign concept.

Dex-chan lover
I didnt expect Jelly to be able to tap into the Saint healing power but i guess she can as small as it is
Page 6 suggests the slime is gradually becoming more acclimated to the body in a manner the slime wasn't expecting. It wouldn't surprise me if that acclimation was more than just physical.

Dex-chan lover
I just don't think it's poison. It makes so little sense that it would even be out of place in a manga.
The one cookie that was poisoned? Maybe if all the kids reacted that way.. but just one? Nah. It's probably choking or some kind of sickness.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Jelly was able to mingle well with the kids because she (the slime) is still mentally young in the sense that she is still new at being a human.

Also kinda funny that Celestria is the one behaving like the older one between her and Jelly, especially the part she has to stop Jelly from getting the cookies.

Users who are viewing this thread