Slime Saint - Ch. 13 - The Targeted Saint

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! Cookies being poisoned is still kinda dumb compared to choking but i guess they needed to show more o f that shadow-y guy lol
Super speed, poison immunity, I wonder what other enhancements she will unlock. Shan’t be common sense.
To be fair Slime-chan was already poison immune b/c she spat it out from the og body before taking it over? unless poison would still affect her if she had some again but who knows maybe she'll get a Holy Slime power combining with her 'saint' ability

Dex-chan lover
"There are so many people with legitimate reasons to want you dead that I don't even know where we'd start investigating."
does seem more personal than usual, i wonder if it'll reveal that it's someone OG Jelly
knew before she became a saint
Kind of wish her loyal butler had insisted he needed to try a cookie first for poison, and how she'd have to try and cover up that she knows they're poison and still wants to eat them.
tbf Will wasn't with them/just waiting in the carriage i think? that's why he asked about how it went versus "we must investigate" or so but i'm surprised they wouldnt' also have some kinda body guards, tho i guess original Jelly wouldn't need to hire one

Contributor
So it was poison after all. Unsurprisingly there are still people who want Jelly dead. And there's a whole lot of them. But the guy was careless and could have killed way more than just her if his plot worked.

It looked a bit like snot due to the lack of color, but I like the touch that her nose bled slime fluid because she doesn't actually have blood flowing. Fortunately nobody on site noticed or questioned why she didn't bleed after that hard blow to the head.

I know she's bloated from eating all the cookies for comedic effect at the end, but I couldn't help but think that maybe it's also the poison gassing up the human part of her body.

Dex-chan lover
So it was poison after all. Unsurprisingly there are still people who want Jelly dead. And there's a whole lot of them. But the guy was careless and could have killed way more than just her if his plot worked.

he probably is going to end up being either the main big baddie or one of the generals of the thing.
Though I'm concerned why he remarks "time is running out." Either some badass hero is going to show up and due to prophecy tell her, "Join me to save the world." or his boss gave him a time limit and it's running out.

Dex-chan lover
So, the chief slime survived against a hero.
guess the core didn't get attacked tho i wonder if humans can hear slime voices, i wouldn't be surprised if some monsters begged for mercy/seems like most slimes wouldn't be aggressive and avoid human fighters versus like a goblin

be interesting if she met the chief again or the girl from the beginning
It’s interesting wording the assassin used, he’s going to “defeat” her, instead of kill :thonk:
maybe it's possible to neutralize a saint versus just kill, but at this point i wonder if they'd attempt to kidnap her or so, or hold one of her staff hostage now that she actually 'cares'

Users who are viewing this thread