Snapping pages to screen on Mobile strip mode scroll

Fed-Kun's army
I would like to see Scroll-snap feature on reader's wide strip and long strip modes.

It will give more app like feel on mobile and easy to implement.

scroll-snap-type: x mandatory;
for snapping pages to screen on swipe

scroll-snap-stop: always;
for limiting how many pages can be pass.

more information on Mozilla

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Contributor
Bumping this because I was just about to suggest the same thing. I don't know about the details of implementation, but scroll snapping on long- and wide-strip would make reading on mobile much more convenient.

Double-page supporter
but scroll snapping on long- and wide-strip would make reading on mobile much more convenient

It would not. The problem is that there's (often) no such thing as "page" in long strip comics. Do you like frames split between "pages"?

Contributor
It would not. The problem is that there's (often) no such thing as "page" in long strip comics. Do you like frames split between "pages"?
I'm referring to using long/wide-strip mode to read normal paged manga, not webtoons or the like. As an example (for scroll snapping in wide-strip mode), I'm suggesting something like the page snapping in Tachiyomi's "left to right" and "right to left" reading modes.

Contributor
I'm referring to using long/wide-strip mode to read normal paged manga, not webtoons or the like. As an example (for scroll snapping in wide-strip mode), I'm suggesting something like the page snapping in Tachiyomi's "left to right" and "right to left" reading modes.

But you lose the art of the mangaka reading it like that. And you can already read in long strip and wide strip, single and double page...

Contributor
But you lose the art of the mangaka reading it like that.
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand how that's the case.
And you can already read in long strip and wide strip, single and double page...
This thread isn't suggesting to add a long/wide-strip reading mode, it's suggesting to add page snapping to long/wide-strip.

Power Uploader
I think the point of having a wide strip mode is to have a single page-like reading experience while preserving the art of connected pages (instead of using double page) as you can swipe to in-between pages.

Implementing scroll snapping would make wide strip redundant to single page mode since they will essentially behave in the same way, or am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Contributor
I think the point of having a wide strip mode is to have a single page-like reading experience while preserving the art of connected pages (instead of using double page) as you can swipe to in-between pages.

Implementing scroll snapping would make wide strip redundant to single page mode since they will essentially behave in the same way, or am I missing something here?
Totally agree with the first paragraph about the point of wide-strip. The second paragraph isn't quite right though.

The idea for scroll snapping is that when you're dragging across the screen with your finger, it works like normal wide-strip, but when you let go, it snaps (smoothly, not immediately) to the nearest page. As mentioned in one of my previous comments in this thread, if you've used the Tachiyomi app before, that's what I'm looking for. The Cubari website on mobile (check out Guya.moe) also has a similar experience.

Contributor
Actually, wide strip mode is for comics made specifically as wide strip.
Well, that doesn't mean it can only be used for wide-strip comics. I don't really see any reason to outright reject the addition of this feature. The Mozilla page that OP linked even seems to provide a straightforward implementation of it.

Power Uploader
I don't really see any reason to outright reject the addition of this feature.
If it really is easy to implement and can be turned on/off (because you don't really want this feature on actual long/wide strip title), then, yeah, there is no reason not to.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I'm referring to using long/wide-strip mode to read normal paged manga

So you want vertical scrolling for single-page layout?

I actually would like this mode.

Users who are viewing this thread