Snow Thaw & Love Letter - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Shun's First Job

Dex-chan lover
Dang, this really got under my yuri radar and I've reread everything and although this story is fulla cliches I still love it.

Thank you for the chapter! Hoping to see more of these two being lovey dovey in the next chapters.

Supporter
Oh no, suicidal implications. Shun doesn't seem to value her life at all, huh.
Yeah, she's always been quite self-deprecating, but this is fairly concerning. And Hinata's instinctive response being to get angry at Shun really doesn't help . . .

It could be that her response to almost drowning will be fleshed out more later (a delayed response to that sort of thing isn't uncommon, after all) - she was distracted almost immediately, so even Hinata's anger was short-circuited. Maybe later on it'll actually hit her, and she'll collapse or something like that . . . Hopefully while Hinata's around to give Shun comfort, but also to remind Hinata that this was something scary and almost tragic and that the correct response is comforting not getting angry at someone for taking risks . . . Having a bit more association with the kid and her mother is also good, it makes it more likely that Hinata will recognise that Shun taking that risk to save the kid was actually a good thing.

Or, I guess, it could just not be written as carefully as we'd like, and it'll all just wash away in the glow of the fireworks . . .

Supporter
For information, while extremely uncomfortable, a cramp in the leg while swimming isn't actually that problematic to swim.

Shun is having some dangerous mindset let's all protect the gays
I've always figured the problem is more that a sudden cramp could trigger panic rather than being a serious impediment to movement, and panicking while swimming in the ocean is far more likely to kill you than anything else. A half-decent swimmer should at least be able to keep their head above water just with their hands unless they were in truly excruciating pain.

I don't think we have any definite information about how good a swimmer Shun is, but she didn't seem to have any issues getting out to the kid or treading water when she was out there - she really shouldn't have lost it so quickly . . .

Supporter
If the Author wants to approach that side i hope they approach carefully and correctly, else It could be a shot in the foot for a series focusing on diversity

Dex-chan lover
How convenient that there is a festival and that the mother to the girl that got saved owns a yukata shop…

Also what dangerous thoughts do this girl have in her head all of a sudden?

Dex-chan lover
Ah from swimsuits to yukata, huh. A real one-two-punch to Hinata that's for sure.
Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread