Snow White with the Red Hair - Ch. 118

jak

Contributor
I want to like this series but its become so boring now.

thank you for the translation :)

i think it's because the release is so slow so it feels really slow-paced for us. if we'd read this arc all in one shot we wouldn't feel the drag as we do now.

Aggregator gang
It's not everyone's cup of tea, but political intrigue at this kind of level in a shoujo of all things is still super refreshing to me. I just think of this series as Kusuriya no Hitorigoto with a slice of super diabetic fluffiness rather than a full blown romance these days

I really like how shirayuki tells the tale.
It's slow paced and can make someone lose the mind some times, but nonetheless, so amusing.

I love this series so glad for the update. I wish there was 2 chapters a month. This is about to get interesting Obi and Shirayuki are getting involve with the politics in North Wirant. It would be fun to see if Zen would crash the party in masquerade as well. Also can't wait to see Shirayuki's full costume next chapter.

I just love how there are so many different stories in this series. Can't wait to find out what happens at the party.

A lot dont like this arc, personally i like it its interresting, but i will agree with one thing the peopme who dislikes say, its being way to many chapters without zen and shirayuki which is one of the main reasons i think a lot is reading this manga for, me included

Dex-chan lover
@SLOPPYJOPPY Well, yeah, but we have known since the beginning that Shirayuki is Career 9 - 1 Romance person. Under such a condition, it could be that extended and numerous scenes of Shirayuki+Zen could backfire majorly. If someone is attempting to read this for fluffy romance scenes, they have been reading the wrong manga for a long time. I don't find these arcs boring or meaningless, so I can read them and patiently wait for the rare meetings. At least their encounters are meaningful because they are so rare.

Dex-chan lover
@SLOPPYJOPPY Well, yeah, but we have known since the beginning that Shirayuki is Career 9 - 1 Romance person. Under such a condition, it could be that extended and numerous scenes of Shirayuki+Zen could backfire majorly. If someone is attempting to read this for fluffy romance scenes, they have been reading the wrong manga for a long time. I don't find these arcs boring or meaningless, so I can read them and patiently wait for the rare meetings. At least their encounters are meaningful because they are so rare.
The thing is, while her personality was always more of a 9-1, what we used to see as readers before was much closer to a 5-5, since they'd just skip the parts where she was working and she didn't interact with Zen. It's especially visible in the first ten-ish chapters after she moves to Clarines, where although we see them interact in every chapter, it's either stated or implied that several days often pass where they don't meet at all.

I also want to point out that the subtitle of this manga is The Romance that Cuts through Fate. Expecting romance to be a more significant part of it is not totally unwarranted. I don't personally mind it too much, but then again I did drop it for a long time and am currently binging the last 20 chapters... I can only imagine how frustrating it must've been to wait for months on end to get a glimpse at the main ship in a romance manga.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is, while her personality was always more of a 9-1, what we used to see as readers before was much closer to a 5-5, since they'd just skip the parts where she was working and she didn't interact with Zen. It's especially visible in the first ten-ish chapters after she moves to Clarines, where although we see them interact in every chapter, it's either stated or implied that several days often pass where they don't meet at all.

I also want to point out that the subtitle of this manga is The Romance that Cuts through Fate. Expecting romance to be a more significant part of it is not totally unwarranted. I don't personally mind it too much, but then again I did drop it for a long time and am currently binging the last 20 chapters... I can only imagine how frustrating it must've been to wait for months on end to get a glimpse at the main ship in a romance manga.
Now, a few years later, I do agree that it would be good if there was even a little bit more romance.

Users who are viewing this thread