Snow White with the Red Hair

i can remember watching the anime version when it aired 5 years ago, i forgot most of the plot so i hope i will get the chance of enjoying it from the start again, but now with the manga.

This manga is such a wonderful, wholesome experience! I’ve been following for years and binge read every so often just so I can revisit this world again. Hope this story hasn’t been dropped! We appreciate your hard work, scanlators~

Is this manga on hiatus? The last update was from 3 months ago, and I wanna know before I get started on it.

@KaMi-SHeIK

Yeah, Shirayuki is still with Zen. Since the chapters are monthly, it seems like they haven't interacted for a long time, but in reality, they were together not too long ago, story-wise.

Honestly I only care about Kiki x Hisame. Let me see them this manga has been too long with sometimes scattering plot

@KaMi-SHeIK

I’ll make a short little rant about the specifics but the summary is that Obi likes Shirayuki, there ship is more realistic but it’s not going to happen

Short little rant about why it’s kind of annoying to me personally because I like the main ship
The author seems to really be pushing this ship too in my opinion (even though we know it’s not going to happen).
IMO I like Shirayuki x Zen but Shirayuki x Obi is more realistic, why?

Obi has spent so much more time with Shirayuki compared to Zen. They both have unwavering trust between them ( we’ve seen this many times so far) and although this is kind of unfair to Zen I’ll still say it, Zen is the 2nd Prince so he can’t up and go whoever he wants whenever he wants...but Obi can...like when Shirayuki is sent to Lyrias for 2 years and he follows her.

Not gonna lie I read the whole manga in about 3-4hrs this morning and prior to that I watched the first season of the anime only about 4 or more years ago soo :/
I came in thinking that I was going to be seeing Zen and Shirayuki fluffy moments all the time but I was kind of disappointed because apart from what the anime covers in s1/(didn’t watch s2 so not sure what was covered) I honestly 100% felt like Zen was a side character. Obi got a lot more screen time than him. This doesn’t even mean anything but look at the volume covers I swear Obi has the most too...End of Rant lol

@denzel23 thanks, and I see that it's just been updated. It's like God himself is telling me to pick it up. Will probably watch the anime then come back to read from chapter 1.

Double-page supporter
Been following this manga for over ten years and I still get so excited when it updates. Everyone can have their ships all they want, but I love that the story is first and foremost about Shirayuki's life and her priorities as a pharmacist. You don't get stories like this often.

Fed-Kun's army
I enjoy that the story mainly focuses on Shirayuki but I don't like how Zen is basically a side character and honestly most of the time not even that. He basically isn't part of the story anymore. That's why people joke about Obi and Shirayuki since he has basically replaced Zen completely.

Double-page supporter
That's what happens when people want only one thing from a story. Shirayuki's story doesn't rely on her romance with Zen. It's a deconstruction of the princess/prince trope. A romance with any man that's in her life the most denies the core concept of the story that she does not need her prince for her story to exist. I want more of Zen too but he can't be a focus for the theme to work. Plus it makes those reunions way nicer.

I've read multiple mangas with a similar trope of the FL focusing on her career and having her own adventures as the main story follows her lifestyle, but after Zen's less frequent appearances in the story, it had me realizing how little the author is giving him as time goes on in the manga. From being part of Shirayuki's life to being just someone who is just known to be a significant person in her life.

Treat the relationship of Shirayuki and Zen like a long distance relationship. But yeah this manga is more of the story of the MFL/MC unlike the Song of the Long March and Kusuryu no Hitorigoto where they show the story of other characters. This manga is like a diary of the MC so I think it's gonna be really like this.

Supporter
Dropped. Too messy, too many characters, too long, characters relationships too boring and unbelievable. It's completely impossible that the MC are still in love while seeing in other for 15mn every 6 months, the Kiki and Hisame thing feels so forced it's not even funny. A manga fully designed to frustrate the readers, I leave that to those who like this sort of feeling when reading more than 100 chapters.

I’m happy to be able to discover this manga along with its anime adaptation. I’m looking forward to being together with everyone else in this journey!

Users who are viewing this thread