So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 6 Ch. 31.1

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123 left it on for months. is it not in english? i set my lang to eng only because reading mangas in indonesian feels super weird

@NazrinMaus IMHO these authors should only update us on what relevant ones have increased. Most things on the list don't matter to the reader and could be omitted.

@Aereus
The problem is that what matter the most in this world are the skills.
There's one fight way later on the novel where
one person LV3 who had a lot of trained skills could fight on the same level with a LV43 monster who destroyed a whole country leaving no survivors.
When this happen in the manga (really looooong time LN Volume 9) you would not remember anything but just in case I mark it as a spoiler.

@linkhuesitos15 Yes, but for example, in the middle layer with the lava: You could just mention relevant fire resistance skills, etc. You don't need to show all 78 skills. Does anyone care what level her Anger skill is at? Or her Corrosion resistance at the current point? Etc.

@Aereus
If you mean the Anger LV of the enemy then yes it's very important.
On the manga isn't obvious who's the narrator but in the novel is very clear from the start that the narrator is Kumo, you're basically reading what is she thinking and for her knowing all the skills of the enemy can decide if she survives another day or die.
She need to know about it bacause that is the core of her strategy, know what your opponent can do and you will have the upperhand on the surprise factor.

The internal monologues are a very big point on almost all Light Novel and also almost always omitted on manga/anime adaptations, on manga most scenes are dialogues or battles but in this plot there's not other choice than use the monologues because of Kumos' situation. Yes, Kumo goes from fight to fight but she needs time to stop and check her new skills and know what new things she can do.
If you have played an MMO/RPG is the same when you level up and check what are your new skills or if a boss killed you because when it's HP is below some point it use a hidden skill or move, on videogames you can die countless times and nothing happens but for Kumo one time is the end for her so she need to know what she can do and what the enemy can do.

Her "checking her skills" does not necessitate us as the reader getting a coredump every. single. time. Somehow hero stories where the MC gains strength over time were told before the isekai/game stats fad took off. It's not some new concept.

I would like to ask... Is there anyone who reads all the stats that had been displayed? Im just curious bcuz im not really reading every stats...😑

Double-page supporter
@Morbideus I skip the pretty much entirely. Except for some cases like when she said the Fire Dragon was down to half health

Users who are viewing this thread