Solo Bug Player - Ch. 30

Fed-Kun's army
Why y’all calling everything gay in the translator notes? Can’t tell if your vocabulary is small or if you actually mean gay, which I doubt.

People on their scanlation website are going apeshit beacuse translator sees everything he doesn't like as "gay shit"
😂

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the double release! Can't wait to see how they deal with the big boi

Double-page supporter
Either way, could avoid any misunderstanding by saying 'stupid shit', very easily. Going the extra mile to bring confusion and friction to the people you're putting in effort that only matters if these people consume the final result seems counterproductive.

To be honest, the overuse of the word "gay" in a pejorative sense by the translator really does come off as a bit jarring. It was really out of place and entirely uncalled for, and that's ignoring the frivolous nature of most translator notes to begin with.

Today in Cooking with clay golem: tenderised MC plate and adventurer pancakes.

Aggregator gang
Yeah, I could do without the homophobic slurs. Missing Tritinia all over again, but looks like we're stuck with these snipers.

Group Leader
Here we go again.

@LegitRikk
If you mean to insult my vocabulary, my translations speak for themselves. My translator notes are casual, very careless remarks, so I don’t see a need to exacerbate this situation with ad hominem.

@Kayriel
I’m not going the extra mile to annoy people, I’m speaking casually, and I’m very certain everyone knows what something being “really fucking gay” means. You can disagree with me on how appropriate this is for any given situation, but that’s just gonna be pedantic.

@Asbyn
I could say I agree with you in some sense, but then again, we’re all criminals here, what’s the point of pretending to be professional amirite

@AbuHajaar
ur mum big gae

Hope everyone has a nice day and continues to read this series, because I’m sure we can all agree that this series is actually really enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
Boss enemy go yeeeet
*wow here we go again with this translation complaints...
Im just enjoying this tho

Dex-chan lover
@luardemin I mean, yeah, most people also knew to leave phrasing like that back in like 2008 because it always kinda sucked.

But y'know, besides from those comments, thanks for the good translation. That said those comments are pretty unpleasant all in all, I genuinely haven't seen it being used like that since middle school and for good reason.

Well, ultimately you can do as you like, I suppose, even if it seems a silly to use outdated vernacular that seems to do nothing but rub people the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread