Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 100

Fed-Kun's army
@Saxit

This translation - "The life of your lowly conscript... doesn't balance the equation..."

Jaiminisinbox - "Even if you guys killed the guards... it doesn't make sense..."

I read this first because it was out faster, and did that with a previous chapter as well a week or two ago, but then when I re-read it at jaiminisinbox it kind of makes more sense because their translation is better and it was the same with the other chapter too.

How does the JB's translation make sense? It's not even a literal translation. The Korean version specifically talks about balancing the equation, which is to say, the death of the ants' Queen being balanced in the equation by the death of human hunters' "King." And that explains why the king ant went outside. He's seeking to balance the equation by taking out the strongest of his enemy. The rest of them, he couldn't care less about them. For all he cares, the regular ants can finish them off. They're literally beneath their notice. So if you leave out the "balancing the equation" part in the translation, you also can't figure out why the king ant left the Korean hunters alive.

Dex-chan lover
Great as always but I wish there was more of a gradient in the character's strengths. Had Goto exchanged blows with the ant a few times before losing his head, the scene might have been more satisfying.

Also, I don't know which translation is more accurate but the "balancing" line makes more sense.

Oh God finally. Knowing the spoilers beforehand really made this arc draggy. Go kick ass now, my OP showy necromancer!

THIS IS THE MOMENT WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR, FINALLY!!! I literally jumped out of my chair during the last few panels lmao

I wish the manga didnt rush through scenes. Beruff messed with the Koreans for a lot longer than this makes it seems and he only found the healer after torturing the tank over and over then by following the constant flow of mana from the healer.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, so they bought the betrayal in at last, way smaller than in the LN, but would probably have been a bit weird if it didnt come in at all.

@Drifter: Nah, i think thats just as it should be. It is to show how much of a threat he is, neither Goto nor Cha Hae-In, the most powerful Hunters there, are more than an ant to him (bad pun intended :x)
What they did rush too much is the killing of the healer, he did have some problems finding him, wasnt nearly as fast as its shown in here, but well.

at the beginning of the chapter:
gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg
on word in manhua: exchange
every reader:
gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Saxit Not how you think that the JB translation is better? Of the two examples you provide, this one makes more sense, and is apparently more accurate to the original korean too apparently.

Balancing the equation is about killing a high ranking human to make up for losing the ant queen, the JB translation just kinda... gets rid of that entirely to add a little ramble, going off your quote?

Aggregator gang
@MrPick correct wording maybe closer to "resurrection" but it was in response to the guy's question so i used his wording.

Users who are viewing this thread