Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
that's where Nietzsche is mistaken, to fight monsters you need to step into their lvl.

solo leveling and the gamer
used the same abyss quote
lolollolollollllolol

If readers knew what I know, this chapter will make more sense. This chapter all hinted a lot of things on what will happen in he future. Although in the novels some of information are lost in translation, it still clear on key plots. That's why I greatly appreciate what the author write and the illustrator drawn here. They both able to clearly bring a much more great scene to a higher level than what the novel provided. Especially with the enemy assassin here. In the novels he clearify that his defeat is his fault as he did not expect the mc being so much stronger.

Also did you know that the mc is supposedly not included in this dungeon dive. He was supposedly going on a shopping with his association phone left in the house and was able to meet the hunter with one arm coincidentally. As they greet each other the one arm hunter received a notification from the hunter association of the opened dungeon nearby asking available hunter to clear the dungeon. With that he ask to tag along as he probably also received the same notification but was not able to receive the notification as he left the phone in his house.

Group Leader
@yldDavid it's still ongoing, tankoban 6 comes out next week and the last translated chap is the first of tank3. somebody really needs to pick it up

@Prinnyfoof, in the novel it was clearly mentioned that the prisoners are real criminals, as they murdered the family of the person who requested the quest. It was mentioned that the family was killed just because the prisoners like to cut someone. Actually the novels is implying that the association hunter hired to do this quest are just unfortunate the same with the bystanders hunter he killed. At first he didn't want to kill the innocent hunter, but just because the prisoner was able to call for help and the other hunters respond make things difficult. Which leads to the assassin with no choice than to kill everyone. Which in the future the mc was able to correct things, so much so that he was able to warn the assassin as the mc also want to punished the prisoners.

I really hope that he isnt going to turn totally psycho... I kinda liked the old weak him more.

I can see that he is going to go in to a grinding spree, grind for some xp and loot, since now he knows that S-rank may be coming for him soon. ?
Somehow I feel that S-ranks are on totally another level though... that guy compared S-ranks in to calamities. MC still has a long way to go.

Dex-chan lover
@Haiuli yeah, ranks are exponentially different, not linear in the least. It makes sense that one would slowly lose their emotions from killing other people, but killing monsters and growing should not have that effect unless not even the strongest of monsters could challenge him

Dex-chan lover
Killing that criminal was just being edgy lol (it's not like he knew how many he had killed).

Also, are we supposed to forget that the whole reason he was a hunter was to pay his mother's medication? Feels like we never heard of that again.

Dex-chan lover
@Fluffyfish

Rather than all that he's merely losing his way.

His original purpose might be lost in his quest for overwhelming power. Especially since this will solve his problems. His mother will be fine now that he can make enough. Even concealing his abilities life got a lot easier. Once he gets strong enough he figures he can call himself S Rank and no one will question it. Beyond that he wishes to see if he can become strong enough for people to be unable to harm him even for his leveling secret.

Right now though he's in trouble since any test would result in a temporary rank and attention. He would rather be known as the Weakest who became the strongest than someone who grows stronger with time.

@malaxme

That quote would've had more impact in The Gamer if Han Jihan wasn't such a bland Gary Stu.

This dude's actually being changed as he improves, where as Jihan was just handed the gamer's mind passive and basically became the world's most virtuous sociopath.

A nice placement to the quote there

An S rank going for MC's neck huh. This will be interesting

Dex-chan lover
"Lost something everytime he gets stronger"

Mhhhmmmm guess his strength is likely connected to that big ass statue now

@Straborvsky
My point is that it was stupid lazy character dev to be "edgy" and it could have easily been done with more substance. Even if it is for him "being lost" in his own power, the monologue he gave was vague.

@rengetsu08
The criminal justification is written from the PoV of the assassin and his employer; MC did not know.
___

I just got my hopes up for a coherent story, since there was so much good setup leveraging the medium by "showing" instead of "telling"; little things like this that are so easily fixed, are the most frustrating. I was wrong for getting my hopes up and expecting more; I guess I have to lower my expectations to match the average bland titles everywhere.

This was a very good chapter, I'm not sure but I think the chapters are a tad longer now. I remember complaining about how the length of the chapters and the constant cliffhangers were exhaustive, but it looks like that has changed now. I wonder when will the monitoring department start questioning the MC, he can only evade them for so long. Cool to see that he can finally get that dinner though, but I hope romance doesn't become a big part of this, as it seems like it'll be more of a distraction, than a story enhancer. Thanks for the upload as always too.

Users who are viewing this thread