Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
@Cyoteblack

That’s too bad but understandable. For most, I’d assume it’s faster to read a picture with words over mostly words where your mind needs to imagine the scene.

If you ever get the free time though, I highly recommend it. Some stories just work so well when written as more details can be put into it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hi there, "US-Americans are stupid, coward weaklings"-trope. Haven't seen you in a while. But I also didn't miss you. Is it really that hard to NOT portrait other countries in a superficial, prejudiced manner?

Comeon. This story takes the cake. 9/10. It doesn't need to shit on other people.

Iod

@Qelix it's okay man, all american movies portray russians and chinese guys as the bad ones so of course there is gonna be some obvious bias, remember the main target is korea

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix

Is that really how it seems? I’m not American and what that scene portrays for me is that there’s a being that’s so powerful that even high ranking hunters from the most renowned country were incapable of subduing it.

If you’re telling me that not being able to beat an entity who’s sole existence is on the level of an entire A-rank dungeon is being weak and cowardly, then what of the rest of the Koreans portrayed in the manhwa other than Jinwoo?

Dex-chan lover
This was the last chapter Meraki will be doing of Solo Leveling :(

Dex-chan lover
55h29vxn2xd21.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Have no idea who the guy inside the dungeon is, but assuming he really is human, maybe he's someone that got stuck inside the dungeon after killing the boss or something and have been living inside since then. This doesn't explain how the dungeon opened again, though.

Dex-chan lover
@narra That's indeed huge, ugly news. All the best Korean manhwa right there. Don's Adventure was the first one to go a while ago.

Dex-chan lover
@Clad95150
Give it time I guess, somebody will come along sooner or later to pick up the pieces for the bigger novels, ones who don't give a fuck about C&D letters.

Dex-chan lover
@Kalec, @narra: Nah, fuck. At least three of the better manhwa right now are on that list. But unless Kako*page offers an international readable version (english), they really didn't do themselves and the author a real favour.
If their goal is to increase their visitor count, I believe they will be disappointed. The international popularity and public awareness of those manhwas will drop, which, if it does at all, I imagine can only negatively influence the popularity in Korea. Which reader would prefer an english translation over the original anyway, if that reader can read the originals languages?
(Unless you, as a reader, have to subscribe Kako*page and many readers actually preferred reading the translation instead for that reason, as e.g. the translated version had been freely available. Or they are planning to sell the rights for an english version or release one themselves. I would prefer the last one.)

@Iod: Yeah, some do. But that's also not right. And I also meant "not right" from the POV of story telling. It looks cheap IMHO. "Solo Leveling" is so good, it doesn't need it.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid: It seemed that way too me. I'm also not from the U.S. What I saw was a human being, that those A-rank hunters couldn't subdue. But even though that guy does look like a human, at least to me, they drew the conclusion he must be a human type monster. He didn't speak english, fair enough, but it's either he at least tried to communicate or the hunters attacked on spot before he had a chance to do so. Those hunters also noticed, that the dungeon was spot clean. All of that gave the impression those hunters have only have a brain.
I give to them, that there might be human type monsters, maybe some dungeons only contain a boss and that the guy emitted a huge loads of magical energy, but why did they then attack first? That's a good strategy if you have a chance of winning. Wouldn't be ordering a retreat the better decision? They are A-ranked adventurers, they should know that. And I'm sure a battle would have ended right there.
We didn't see anything of that encounter and there is a chance, that everything might have lead up to what we saw. But the only thing we did see, have been beaten up and fainted adventurers and one, that screams in total panic, as one of the closest explanations escaped him, that this somehow is a fellow hunter. And this does primarily evoke the impressions of stupidity and cowardliness. And that in turn is no new way to show "Hey! So superior!" It just leaves a bad after taste. But hey, that's just MHO.

Users who are viewing this thread