Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 85

Fed-Kun's army
The group that was translating it decided to take it off of mangadex. The new translator has decided to continue the series Starting with the most recent one and re-translate the missing chapters . So that everyone can enjoy it . Which I think is very nice of them .

Supporter
@azapuela the original group doing this was Jaimini’s box. They had excessively long wait times (upwards of a week) on chapter releases here, in attempts to make people visit their site for ad revenue. When people voiced their irritation with this, they pulled all their shit from the MD.

The author was sick, the 86th was going to come out on the 24th of september, but he released it early saying the 87th was gonna come out at 24th. I dont know why this grp is re-uploading these, jaimini's box & some other grps decided to pull their work from mangadex because of some forum drama, I'm not quite sure why. TBH I don't really care, they are doing Raid & Solo Leveling ASA when they get the raws. Thats what I'm grateful for.

Jamini's Box are huge fucking scumbags. They made up some bullshit story that mangadex is le évil when they're just greedy fucks that want ad revenue. Thank you to the current translators so we won't have to read this on their god forsaken site!

Dex-chan lover
Hm. I know honeybees have a method to replace a dead queen: Loss of the queen results in a small number of workers laying eggs, and the hive feeds them royal jelly until a new queen emerges.

I don't know if it's the same way with ants, but it's likely something they should prepare for, especially with giant mutant ants.

Thanks for your hard work! Good to see a group reuploading this for new readers.

@Azapuela
They all got pulled by JB. Here is the Thread: https://mangadex.org/thread/92399

But in a nutshell JB had a two week delay on chapters on MD, so people would go to their website for Ad Revenue.
JB said the main reason they were pulling out was because of "MD community hate." (because of the delay.)
They posted some comments, out of context, from admins of the MD site to support their reason for pulling the chapters, to which an Admin responded to this further down.
JB also didn't want MD to "Go legit" (I'm a bit confused, but I'm assuming it's becoming an actual website that people can publish on so MD can make more money. (which is perfectly reasonable, because this website is a full time job to keep it this nice and it can easily cost $40,000 - $70,000 a year maintaining a website. )
I would like to mention that JB has pulled their stuff out of other websites before, which is why I refuse to use their website.

In short: JB pulled out of MD because of Profit.

BTW, if anyone is interested, the author says he's going on break at the end of the chapter

It's weird reading this in reverse release, I'd recommend filling the gaps in chronological order, especially if you're dedicated to releasing new chapters as they come out on top of that. Anyone that was 'current' can then move forward, and anyone who doesn't want to go to the other group's website can slowly read older chapters as they come out- otherwise new readers on MD won't check out the series until you've done every single missing chapter, as they would not be able to start from the beginning if you work your way backwards.

That is to say, release 81, 82, 83, 84, then start at 1, and move up.

Thank you though, I appreciate the work even if you don't listen to my advice.

Dex-chan lover
So these translations are technically more correct than the other ones? Neato

Also, I'll add a note about the JB drama, the JB admin personally nailed into the coffin the reason why you can't directly link scanlator sites who left MD... you can actually find their comments in the main comment section of this series where they are BLATANTLY advertising their own site during the drama to drum up more traffic. That alone is why I don't use their website (and help by reporting)

Fed-Kun's army
To anyone who's interested; a good adblocker and script remover lets you use the JB site while simultaneously denying them ad revenue.

Users who are viewing this thread