Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 93

From his stats he's only about 20 times stronger than before. Does that mean an S-rank is only 20 times stronger than the "world's weakest hunter"??

Dex-chan lover
As much as this is just wanking the MCs OPness hard … I really like it!
Sometimes I can really appreciate reading about an absolutely OP MC.

I really appreciate IAmInept's work but truthfully I liked the other translation better. However good work, hope to see more in the future 😁

Double-page supporter
Im guessing this was the command he used to get to this point? xD
/give @p minecraft:potion{Potion:"minecraft:water",CustomPotionEffects:[{Id:1,Amplifier:126,Duration:2147483647},{Id:3,Amplifier:126,Duration:2147483647},{Id:5,Amplifier:126,Duration:2147483647},{Id:6,Amplifier:28},{Id:8,Amplifier:126,Duration:2147483647},{Id:10,Amplifier:31,Duration:2147483647},{Id:11,Amplifier:4,Duration:2147483647},{Id:12,Duration:2147483647},{Id:13,Duration:2147483647},{Id:16,Duration:2147483647},{Id:21,Amplifier:126,Duration:2147483647},{Id:22,Amplifier:126,Duration:2147483647},{Id:23,Amplifier:126},{Id:26,Amplifier:126,Duration:2147483647},{Id:28,Duration:2147483647},{Id:29,Duration:2147483647},{Id:30,Duration:2147483647}],display:{Name:""GOD""}}

@BANGLABANANA
It's sound small? For me its not. Imagine this: the world record for bench-press (without any helping gear) is 337 kg (Julius Maddox ). Of course, he is a monster in his sport, but since its stated, that the hunters are stronger than normal humans. Maybe MC was not as strong as this man, but what if? Then that 20* means that, the weakest can lift up 337kg and the strongest can go up to 6740kg! At that point every hit is like a car accident!
Or just lets say this: With the awakening (and enchanced physice), even the worst ones become as strong as top class athletes. Say he can run a 100m in 11sec. If there is someone who is "only" 10 times faster, thats simply an unbreakable difference. The same with percetion and reaction time (The faster person would kick you before you even realise s/he is up to something. Even with a small number, like 2 its still waaaay more then what you would think at first.

Edit: Plus, as I see they shine when they use some ability/skill. Like how MC can kill with a single slash or how the girl (dont know her name) used her sword. Those, combined with the pure stat difference are the things which separates them from others

Aggregator gang
Goto Ryuji will now be similar to that Sword Master God who's now afraid of swords because of Cautious hero.

Fed-Kun's army
@Serenata
as Goto's bloodthirst was directet to MC, so was MC's bloodthirst directed to Goto...
the others just feeled that something is happening that they should stop not the bloodthirst as such

Group Leader
@kbalintz

the strongest can go up to 6740kg! At that point every hit is like a car accident!
It likely would be way worse because a car accident generally spreads the load and over time.

@ZdrytchX
Yeah. A punch is more compact and the transport is happening in a lower time-spend. But im not an expect in desruction techice and cant say exactly what would cause the same damage 😅
Still for the most disturbing thing is the agility.

Double-page supporter
No you guys are missing something. Goto didn't realize the shadow soldiers. Nor is he terrified of Sung Jin-Woo. Goto's expression changed when the Jeju Island mission got mentioned. Sung Jin-Woo is a lot stronger than expected, and thus Korea's team would be a lot stronger than expected. The plan Japan's hunters presented the Korean Hunter Association is
1. Japan's S Class hunters (who are greater in number) will land on the coast furthest from the nest in order to draw the bulk of ant monsters to them.
2. Korea's 6 active S class hunters (now 7) will use that opportunity to kill the mostly unguarded queen ant monster, and then pull out.
3. Japan will then pull out after the Koreans have evacuated.
4. The ants have a very limited lifespan and will die in about a year.

That's the plan they proposed. I don't remember if the manga has covered everything, so I'll use a spoiler just in case.
The Japanese hunters intend to pull out prematurely so the Korean hunters get swarmed by the ants. Japan will claim they had no choice but to withdraw. Later on they bring everyone they have (more than the 10 in this operation), and kill off all the ants. They then keep Jeju Island themselves while pretending it was justified. And Korea will need to rely heavily upon the Japanese hunters, which in turn means major concessions to get that cooperation.

But Sung Jin-Woo changes all that. Goto realized Jin-Woo is "at least as strong" as he is and possibly stronger (plus he doesn't know about the shadow army etc). With someone that strong on the Korean team, they'll likely succeed in killing the queen and getting out of there alive.
And that's why Goto is having that look on his face.

Aggregator gang
I actually really enjoy the way this is presented more than I did in the WN. The build up was a little scuffed but the tension and flow of the scene is much better here. Especially the visceral reaction of Goto. (As well as the reactions of the other hunters, you get a much better perspective of the scene here) This is just the nature of the medium but the emotions you get from his reaction are better than just reading out what he is thinking/feeling. Very well done.

@bk3k putting spoiler was correct, because these are future event not even hinted yet in this adaptation.

It doesn't justify the look on his face though. That's the look of fear, and not
of someone whose plan is spoiled

@Yanagi

In the light novel there is a little monologue of what Goto was going through, and you are right. Goto explained that he actually felt fear of death "for the first time?" from Jin-Woo and was a little confused by it. Jin-Woo always hides his true potential and Goto noticed that and knew Jin-woo was strong, but didn't know exactly how strong.

what @bk3k wrote is not wrong, but it's not the reason for Goto's expression. After things settle a bit Goto then realizes that Jin-Woo could be a hindrance.

Fed-Kun's army
I laughed hard at the whole chapter: we all know this series is about an overpowered guy who kills everyone with not much than a few scratches, but overpowering one of the strongest in the area so easily and suddenly was too hilarious to watch with a straight face.

Now we just have to hope that this experinece did not leave Goto's pride crushed and now he will fail at commanding the hunters.

I remember I read the VN a while ago, but I remember that jin woo shit stomped goto, and no one intervened. Is my memory wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread