Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 113

Doesn't anyone think it's weird the MC is the only one that can get stronger. He literally has no competition since no one else has the ability to become stronger as he does. It's kinda boring seeing he has no one to compete with and surpass.

3rd group picking this up? I mean, there is nothing wrong with that, just an observation.
Thanks for the chapter!

I love the little emotions the shadow minions have. Personality is important in a story, after all

state of scanlations...
4ajt8s.jpg

Eye- GIRL YOU FIGHTING YOUR TRAUMA??? HONESTLY, I'M SCARED BUT I HOPE SHE'S GOING TO BE OKAY.

Proofreading on this was non-existent or the proofreader just sucks. Do better, or people will just wait for the better groups to finish instead.

@DatOneGuy I understand where your coming from and the way you came to that conclusion and you are correct with a good bit of your assessments. I do agree that TL groups need incentive but the problem is that having that incentive be solely dependent on their shoddily put together "ownership" of a series is only going to damage the TL scene.

You said that TL groups get frustrated when they get "sniped" correct? Well, that's the root of the problem. By coming up with this term "snipe" and condemning it this community has fostered a sense of entitlement among the translation scene. This entitlement is why it's frustrating, by creating this culture of ownership over a series people now feel offended when this series gets "taken" or "sniped" from them.

If "sniping" was destigmatized and people taking their shot at trying to do a translation quicker or better was a normal occurrence I doubt TLs would get as mad as they do today. It would be a TL scene where TLs may have to compete with others but I find competition to be much better than TLs dropping series because of their entitlement to a certain series was broken by a so-called "sniper".

As for people only reading the faster translation, I disagree. People probably won't reread the chapter but if they see consistently worse translations or notice that one of the groups translating is doing a poor job they will be inclined to check out the other translation. Maybe not on the same chapter but perhaps the chapter after that and when they do they can make a decision on whether or not they'd like to switch to the other translator.

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy
And? Entitlement is an unhealthy thing for this community end of story. Just because there's a good portion of entitled readers (which is also unhealthy) doesn't excuse entitlement on the part of the scantalators.

Fed-Kun's army
@DeoAduivante

A person who puts in the work can at least have some basis for expecting some show of appreciation. That's not called entitlement. But when someone puts in nothing, and does nothing but take and still cops an attitude, that's entitlement.

Which one are you?

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy
None of what you said is really relevant to what I was talking about so I can't really respond.
If you want appreciation for your work then go ahead. I never really said that was a bad thing so I have no idea why you brought it up.

The entitlement I was talking about wasn't entitlement to praise or appreciation it was entitlement to a series. My problem is when scantalators feel entitled to a series as if it were their territory and then proceed to flip their shit when someone "snipes" them. I don't think this attitude is healthy for this community and so I would like it if "sniping" was destigmatized and this sense of entitlement was to evaporate along with that stigma. Without that sense of "territory" regarding manga we'd all have a much better time and there would be way less drama then there is now.

Let the best scantalator succeed and all that stuff you know?

3 group tl this, whoaa. a loot of korean tl right. nice.... can someone just tl yureka pls? 😂 plsss , iread it from junior high? or something, and the series droped from my place in 2017. still in vol 35. and when i looked up on internet only have 36 and the scan gone tillnow...
hope with the increase of korean tl , someone will pick up yureka 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread