Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 137

long reveals alot read at own risk

This guy is the monarch of the beginning and he is like i think mid tier of 8 evil gods (sung jin woo is technically 9th but in practice sides with the good gods) sung jin woo when he gets fully assimilated with his power is 10 times stronger and on par with the 1 who is kamish's boss (kamish is the dragon who is sent to attack america but is nowhere near the power of monarch of destruction<kamish's boss>) also beru is a baddass and took on his old boss the monarch of pestulence who rules bug monsters and escaped the ice that froze most of sung jin woo's normal army that was cast by the monarch of frost no explanation needed and rulers are the good gods created by the first god to fight the monarchs which the first god also created for his own amusement

You guys know what? I thought the sovereign of beginning would be a trap like enkidu, turns out to be some beard giant lmao

@jackmiaw they never mentioned wanting to rule the earth, from what I remember during the novel their goal is something different, spoilers
their goal is to fight the rulers and kill them and earth will simply act as a battleground for these fights in the future .

Is ruler the same as Monarch in this sense? The previous chapter used “monarch” and that seems so much more stately and powerful that “ruler” just seems so lacklustre.

@Outtatim No, Rulers are one thing, Monarch/Sovereigns another one. If you see, in the capter he presents himself as a "Sovereign" who is against "Rulers", and, when he used the skill, the description of the skill said "Monarch", so Sovereign = Monarch. That's what I understood

Fed-Kun's army
Haha i didn’t expect the King of Giants prison to be so nice, I thought of it as just a giant cavern, but at least exposition is happening. Finally starting to ramp up

yeh i also originally thought that it would be a dingy cave but this makes more sense cuz those chains absorb insane amounts of mana when attached to those walls

I definitely saw a japanese character in that monster language, so it has some basis in reality, but not much due to lots of scribbles.

For those that hate cliffs and just want to know, be warned.

the Rulers and Sovereigns are two factions created by a powerful godlike being to be in constant conflict against one another. Rulers were made to create and defend civilization while Sovereigns were created to raise armies and destroy the Rulers.

Sovereigns have chosen Earth as the next battlefield. So, Rulers are sending “monsters” to earth in an attempt to strengthen enough humans so they survive the upcoming war between the Rulers and Sovereigns.

I could go on but I just gave enough to get over the cliff rather than spoil the whole series.

Users who are viewing this thread