Solo Leveling - Vol. 3 Ch. 180 - Side Story 1

Aggregator gang
Now, this is the real EMINENT IN SHADOW !

Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakuteeeeeeeeee

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully this can catch up quick, chapter 185 has already been released by someone else but I'm always glad to see a better quality one out there!

I don't know how I feel about MC becoming some edgy ant Kira...
this story is a continuation of what happened after he used the relic to reverse time. making it that the gates never happened and magic never seeped into the world.
yes he kept all his powers and every single thing he has ever killed. he pretty much set a giant web around south korea keeping every single criminal in check killing them if needed. meanwhile hes trying to live his regular life. and yes more crazy magical monsters try to invade the planet. he pretty much becomes magic superman without the costume.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say it was unnecessarily cruel to erase the criminal for what was beyond his control.
Yeah. If the man was a murderer or rapist, would the cops have risked this kind of stunt? He was probably just some nameless rank-and-file gang member who hadn't even been investigated for anything in particular, to gather the cops' attention.

However, what I find far more interesting is how the police basically swept under the carpet the whole incident. I wonder if it reflects the general sentiment in South Korea that the police is doing whatever they want, stretching the laws in the process if they so wish. It reminds me of how the cops in the USA are often depicted as planting evidence or shooting first, asking questions later, and then doing their everything to defend their colleagues. Maybe something similar is going on in the minds of the Korean audience.

• Thinking
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
Yeah. If the man was a murderer or rapist, would the cops have risked this kind of stunt? He was probably just some nameless rank-and-file gang member who hadn't even been investigated for anything in particular, to gather the cops' attention.

However, what I find far more interesting is how the police basically swept under the carpet the whole incident. I wonder if it reflects the general sentiment in South Korea that the police is doing whatever they want, stretching the laws in the process if they so wish. It reminds me of how the cops in the USA are often depicted as planting evidence or shooting first, asking questions later, and then doing their everything to defend their colleagues. Maybe something similar is going on in the minds of the Korean audience.
I think that the sentiment of permissiveness and clanishness of police and people in power in art in general isn't tied to any particular country, because we, as people of the planet Earth, have it worldwide and the only difference between countries is society's approval of such. However the situation in the chapter could be just an assumption (artistic license) made by the manhwakaand his team for the sake of entertainment. Who knows?

Aggregator gang
this is probably an alt time line where powers and monsters dont exist but this didnt interest me that much probably because theres no "leveling"

• Confused
Reactions: GK
This seems to be the time the MC went away, asked shadow patrol to watch the area. This is not really Solo Leveling. It's the start of side stories. How will I create a directory for this? It's not S.L. 3 per say.
An epiloge?

Users who are viewing this thread