Solo Leveling - Vol. 3 Ch. 187 - Side Story 8

Dex-chan lover
everything was reset to 10 years so the shadow is not there precisely because the shadow was from a living human just like how kim chul who is supposed to be the shadow iron is not a shadow soldier because him being a living being overlaps the fact that shadows are created from dead things
Ok what please proof read before you post.
The time travel has nothing to do with my question cause time turning back didnt make the other shadows disappear either.
The point I was making is that the character got turned into a shadow and then fucking vanished from the story cause I guess the author straight up forgot.

Dex-chan lover
Ok what please proof read before you post.
The time travel has nothing to do with my question cause time turning back didnt make the other shadows disappear either.
The point I was making is that the character got turned into a shadow and then fucking vanished from the story cause I guess the author straight up forgot.
well they vanished from the story because they are humans now living their lives in the new timeline without the powers and stuff and even in the original timeline both of them are bit of a scumbags that the mc used to make shadows from

Dex-chan lover
well they vanished from the story because they are humans now living their lives in the new timeline without the powers and stuff and even in the original timeline both of them are bit of a scumbags that the mc used to make shadows from
Bro you read but you dont understand.
I am talking about his shadow form that stopped showing up.
The time travel did not erase the shadows.

Dex-chan lover
Bro you read but you dont understand.
I am talking about his shadow form that stopped showing up.
The time travel did not erase the shadows.
the time travel did erase the shadows, the mc just "arise" them during the dimension gap where he slaughtered the other sovereigns

Dex-chan lover
the time travel did erase the shadows, the mc just "arise" them during the dimension gap where he slaughtered the other sovereigns
Yeah they got erased which is why they have all their memories and the ant and big shield guy are there too even though they shouldnt exist after the rollback
That totally makes sense yup

All of the "current" shadows aren't erased because they were monsters from the gates from the "previous" timeline.

Because the current timeline doesn't have gates anymore, the previous monsters that the current shadows originated from doesn't exist in the current timeline.
So the shadows didn't get erased because their previous original form doesn't exist anymore in the current timeline.

The shadows that are missing are all of human origin. And since they exist in the current timeline, their shadows can't exist since their original forms exist in the current timeline.

The things with their memories being in tact wasn't explained anywhere so I assume the author just put them in to make the side stories more interesting.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
All of the "current" shadows aren't erased because they were monsters from the gates from the "previous" timeline.

Because the current timeline doesn't have gates anymore, the previous monsters that the current shadows originated from doesn't exist in the current timeline.
So the shadows didn't get erased because their previous original form doesn't exist anymore in the current timeline.

The shadows that are missing are all of human origin. And since they exist in the current timeline, their shadows can't exist since their original forms exist in the current timeline.

The things with their memories being in tact wasn't explained anywhere so I assume the author just put them in to make the side stories more interesting.
What are you talking about
That reasoning doesnt make a lick of sense
You are replying to the wrong guy anyway cause I said they were NOT erased

Dex-chan lover
Does it make the character less cool? Well, yeah, I can agree with that. But does it make the story itself way cooler? Oh hell yeah! Can you see how the author just went back through Igris whole story from his perspective, picked the relevant fragments of it, and then painted Igris to be some soldier who was looking back and contemplating about his own existence and feelings about forgetting his first master...

... only for him to recall a totally unrelated scene about Jinwoo saying "forgetting can be a blessing", thereby painting that scene in a completely new light?!

How friggin cool is that??!!!
this is cute and all but seeing the thoughts overlayed over the past igris scenes... idk, i feel it made them less cool? he was always my favourite character over even sjw only really being overtaken by esil, but part of that was just that he's completely silent, stoic and ruthlessly efficient. one of the most raw scenes in this manhwa was igris stylishly paying tribute to sjw with the severed head in the snow world, but knowing he was inwardly going "my liege! my liege!" the entire time makes it less cool in retrospect i think. could be a hot take but yea

I came here hoping to see a bunch of wholesome comments. Instead I see a bunch of idiots arguing over dumb shit they don’t understand.

What are you talking about
That reasoning doesnt make a lick of sense
You are replying to the wrong guy anyway cause I said they were NOT erased
Jfc dude he's 100% right and you're not understanding this at all.

Any shadow that already existed in the mortal plane when time rewound disappeared. The only shadows that persisted were the ones from other dimensions, or who were never born in the new timeline. So because Beru wasn't born without the gates existing, he remained a shadow, along with Igris and Bellion who were already shadows under Ashborne when time rewound, and Tusk who only existed in the Architect's pocket dimension where the demon realm survived.

But all the shadows who were human at the point where time rewound reverted to their human forms with no active memories of their past. So Greed and Iron no longer exist as shadows, because their souls rewound back to the point where they were still human. The Rulers said this would happen right before using the Chalice to rewind time when the MC asked what would happen to his shadows.

Dex-chan lover
Jfc dude he's 100% right and you're not understanding this at all.

Any shadow that already existed in the mortal plane when time rewound disappeared. The only shadows that persisted were the ones from other dimensions, or who were never born in the new timeline. So because Beru wasn't born without the gates existing, he remained a shadow, along with Igris and Bellion who were already shadows under Ashborne when time rewound, and Tusk who only existed in the Architect's pocket dimension where the demon realm survived.

But all the shadows who were human at the point where time rewound reverted to their human forms with no active memories of their past. So Greed and Iron no longer exist as shadows, because their souls rewound back to the point where they were still human. The Rulers said this would happen right before using the Chalice to rewind time when the MC asked what would happen to his shadows.
All of you are mental
I asked where the korean mobster dudes shadow went right after he got turned into one
Like 5 minutes after he got turned into a shadow he disappeared
Where the fuck did he go he never showed up again even BEFORE THE TIME REWIND
Also every character still has some kind of residual memories

All of you are mental
I asked where the korean mobster dudes shadow went right after he got turned into one
He showed up a handful of times after becoming a shadow, including in the fight with the Dragon Monarch. He just wasn't a major character as a shadow because it was already approaching the end of the story so there just wasn't time for him to get development like Iron and Beru did as shadows.

All of you are mental
did you actually read the manhwa ? If you really pay attention to it, then you will know that he did appear when Jinwoo fought the monarch trio (frost, beast, and insect), and when he fought the Dragon King.

All of you are mental
if you want proof, please reread chapter 159 page 59, that was Greed

Users who are viewing this thread