Solo Leveling

For those wondering why the long wait, it is because we are caught up, and now must wait for the original or raw work to be done before it can be translated.

@Widget
Hi.. When does this LN translation usually get updated,? Hehe.. It's still in the start of the Job Change Quest..
Thanks btw :D

Not one of the best, this IS the best manga (manhwa, actually) in the dungeon-modern age-Lvl up genre segment. I have read 1k+ of different mangas, webtoons, manhuas, manhwas in English, German, Russian, French and other languages (JP-CN-KR I didn't understand, okey, but I at least saw the quality of drawings and got the main idea of plot. Who reads a lot can understand me quite well, right?), and after such an amount of finished and ongoing works you develop a filter in your mind where you can pretty clearly say what is sheeeeet and whats not (roughly saying). Ultimately, I have to say that, in regards to art, it is on the level of many Naver and Webtoon favourites (King of the Highschool and Highschool girls, to name a few). In regards to story, it is cliché, but it certainly distinguishes from the other representatives of the same and even isekai genre not only because of art, but by the pace it is keeping in every chapter, their length, finally, quite vivid and not too flat characters. If they were too detailed, we would lose our pace and story, so it is only natural. Not too much details on the game system and it is very basic, but you don't need the level of Moonlight Scupltor' RPG elements to captivate the reader. Here I see a great synergy of the artist/s and author (other persons responsible for this work) and really enjoy every new chapter of Solo Leveling, like a breath of fresh air it is. I would say it breaks the boundaries of genre and has to be placed at the very minimum in my top 3 of all masterpieces ever, however, it may be too soon to say that. Let's wait another year to be completely sure of it to outstand them all. Concerning its novel, it it sadly not that great, but it is explained due to really oversaturated novel market, where there a lot of REALLY flawless readings out there, even in English. German. French. Russian. It just does not do such a great job like it does its manhwa version. Even so, I recommend everyone to read it once it becomes available not only on reddit, but on Webnovels.

Dex-chan lover
welp... 50 chapters went in an afternoon.

The biggest gripe i have with this series, besides the power fantasy, is that, even if her mother was the driving force for him to go through all of that in the first place, she hasn't even been introduced yet!, not even by chapter 50!.

In the double layer incident, there were 6 survivors and yet, in the guild supervisor incident, it is mentioned that all of the survivors from the aforementioned incident are present. Except that there are only 5 of them and not 6. What happened to the 6th girl?

Also, slight gripe, but this is progressing very fast. He's basically taken down a B rank assassin solo (it was kind of an ass-pull too) so he was B rank at the very minimum at that point and he's cleared several C rank gates solo on top of obtaining a job class fighting what he estimated as an A rank boss (Igris). He's probably an upper B rank or more likely an A rank at this point and the monsters of the S class are already after him so one can only guess that he's going to be S rank sooner rather than later. Seems a little rushed to be honest.

@Christopher There's probably more then S rank, at least I hope, and they still didn't explain the system of leveling up and why there is dungeons and awakened on earth, so I kinda don't feel it's too rushed honestly. It has a nice pacing.

@Hr011186 This is a manwha not a manga

@chilat TDG is a Chinese work not a Korean work, Korean are the second best in animation world after Japan, if they did animate it it would look similar to TOG or Noblesse animated ones, but sadly they don't focus to much in the animating field, so seeing this animated is very unlikely

Pd: The next chapter will always be 7 days after the lastest upload, so stop Fucking asking for more

I was expecting some kind of typical shounen OP MC shit where everyone is dumber than already dumb MC but... this one turned out to not be one of those. It's not stupid, actually characters are a lot more believable than in most mangas/manhwas even with typical bad guys around. Pacing is very nice and enjoyable despite knowing from the start that MC will go OP. Also very nice art and battle scene execution - it's both clean and fluid.
So while not the best manhwa I've read, the "balance" of good factors is really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread