Solo Leveling

So many people expecting a fast translation when the english translation has already caught up to the raw (as of 2/5/2019), I don't why you have a problem with the 1 week release schedule of the author or the roughly 4-8 days it takes for the translation team to translate it.

Can I ask why will it be a two week delay from now on?. I'm not really familiar with other translators besides Meraki

@j0shst3r man, everyone has their own preference. Just because you dont like it doesn’t mean you have to be a little prick and judge us for liking our own things. Honestly

I mean, they're not wrong. This series has very obvious and severe flaws:

Its character development is almost nonexistent (leveling up/becoming hot doesn't count as character development); the only actual interesting thing to happen to a side character so far is that someone actually gave in to their trauma and stopped hunting.

Its world-building is non-existent. Seriously, this world basically revolves around the MC.

The suspense is shallow and superficial. Someone doubts the MC and he almost immediately shoves it down their throat, every time. Betray him? You die in the next two chapters. Instant gratification. Junk food. Compare that to Shield Hero where the MC spends the entire first arc getting physically and emotionally beaten, again and again and again so that the resolution feels completely cathartic and relieving. There's simply no contest.

The art and action of this series is very good and the opening sequence in the double dungeon is absolutely fantastic, but let's not pretend that this shallow wish-fulfillment series is actually deserving of a 9.35. I mean, really? We're all just here because it's fun to watch somebody play Pokemon Master with corpses.

No more trade from Meraki for Solo Leveling:

This is a big announcement, and it'll affect most of our series, and the group as a whole. We just got hit by a huge Cease and Desist letter from Kakaopage.

The Following is a list of affected series (all from kakaopage):

A Returners Magic Should Be Special
Chronicles of Heavenly Demon
Lawless Zone
Volcanic Age (Mount Hua Reincarnation)
Peerless Dad
Raid
Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon
Solo Leveling
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

This means, we will be dropping these series to avoid any legal trouble. You as readers will still very likely get most of these series, but not by us.

I'm personally huge fan of most of these, and quite bummed out to say the least, but, given the recent popularity of some of them, it wasn't unexpected.

actually this is either a good or bad sign. Good sign as in other groups may be competing to release first or bad as in a slow scan group like JB picked it lol

Personally I prefer no group to officially pick this up yet. I'm sure we all know how those dramatic territory battles can be a drain lol Perhaps the infamous anon or le 4chan shits one out lol

Dex-chan lover
Heard a group of translators on Reddit but on Sundays. That's as far as my knowledge on the matter goes.

For all those who need the raw for ch57
https://funbe.net/%EB%82%98_%ED%98%BC%EC%9E%90%EB%A7%8C_%EB%A0%88%EB%B2%A8%EC%97%85_57%ED%99%94.html

Supporter
New group picked it up their called Jaimini's Box and the new chapter of the week is up on their site.

Spoilers regarding the girl who the MC will date. You guys just get a glimpse of her in the latest chapter and this is the canon ship as far as I have read in the novel :
Finally, the true heroine "Cha Hae-In" appears (although, it's just her silhouette for now). She is the only female S rank hunter in Korea and also regarded as the most beautiful Korean woman! She is the only female character with whom the MC goes on a date with later in the future. Can't wait for her full reveal! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread