Solo Leveling

Quality isn't an issue, and the watermark is no problem since I can just ignore it.
As to everyone trying to "help" with typing in korean, when will ever ever use it?
I'm an american reading these in english.
I hope it doesn't seem racist, but I just don't think I will ever need to know how to type Korean in my lifetime when I still have trouble with english in some cases.
I understand that this is free content, and that the translators need money so their hobby of translating doesn't go away.
But not much I can do anyways since sure I can go to their site, but what can I even do there?
I'll admit I'm lazy and don't want to put in the effort.
But if the only thing I can expect there is better quality, then I don't care?
Good luck translators.

Just commenting to say what a god damn hero you are for picking up this series. Actual POG. God bless and take it easy on your health, don't work too hard <3.

@OrigamiPhoenix, @Kideuz jaiminisbox is one of the active scanlator group for this manhwa, all english chapters can be found on their website, due too certain events that occurred they have left Mangadex so you won't find their releases here.

Nothing makes my day better than reading people bitch about free translations like thwir entittled to a great product.

If you think its so easy try it out yourself

If I can yeet my two cents into the ring here...

How does jaminis box plan to draw new readers in if they remove all of their chapters? Like, I get it, its a free product, the legal waters of scanlations are murky, etc etc, but... right now, at this exact moment, if someone wanted to read solo leveling, the only way they'd be able to find their website is by coming here to the comments. Searching for Solo Leveling translations doesn't bring up their website on major search engines, I just tried on google, duck duck go, AND bing just to be sure.

To those mentioning the discord: You're missing a key step. FINDING them. When they scrub their contributions to a site like mangadex, they're making it impossible to trace them back to their website to find them, which necessarily means that finding their discord is also impossible for anyone new. Yes, anyone who's been reading scanlations probably knows of them or how to find them, but again I'm talking about people who are literally just showing up TODAY. It's not drawing new people to their website, its having people walking into a burned out warzone where people are STILL fighting. Kind of a bad look no matter how you cut it.

Eh, ive read the novels so im not that blown away by the removal of chapters like some. But seriously, miss us readers with this kind of bullshit. This is why the majority uses aggregates.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I just read chapter 76 by "no group". But when I tried to comment on it, I just got an error message, and then the whole thing was gone. What's the deal? It had no graphics problems (like the other release) and it had good translation quality. What's the reason for its disappearance? Just asking out of curiosity.

@Kaarme This scan was ripped from JB scans. JB decided to remove all their chapters from mangadex, and so mangadex complies with their wishes.

@bigkr88

but... right now, at this exact moment, if someone wanted to read solo leveling, the only way they'd be able to find their website is by coming here to the comments.

I'm going to level with you here real quick. So let me blow your mind.
There's more out there that links back to them than just mangadex.
Their credit page is on nearly every other aggregate, reddit still links to them, and if you were to go onto nearly any discord related to manga and ask, you'd likely be pointed to them.

Basically, the way someone finds them is the exact same way someone would've found them before MangaDex ever existed.

Idk why exactly you think that's some magical thing that simply can't happen because "googling solo leveling doesn't show their website". Googling solo leveling doesn't show MangaDex either bud. Mostly because the search results get DMCA'd so google doesn't link to them anymore when searching that.

@TheOneWhoSighs sure, but those sites treat their page(if they don't cut it out) as just another credit page or watermark. It's just something that shows you reached the end of a chapter while here you can actually learn about the group, check their other works or webite. I know I didn't care before I found batoto, because why should I? No way to comment, no way to see anything but the chapter, if the site doesn't care, the user probably won't as well coz there's simply no reason to.

@Turahk

the user probably won't as well coz there's simply no reason to.

I dare to argue that's a good thing. In fact, this entire war zone over the scanlators leaving this aggregate is a perfect example that the user's not giving a crap is a good thing.
Look at how overly attached you guys are to an aggregate. Look at how many people lash out because a group doesn't want to take part in said aggregate.

It has been weeks, and it's still being talked and argued about on here.

Everyone cares too much here. Including me, in fact. I fully realize my own hypocrisy in coming back here and engaging in another person's rather silly question about how people would "find JB after they left MD".

This forum literally reads like the Apple forums.

@TheOneWhoSighs i do have to agree with @Turahk tho on user not really caring about scanlators credit page. Before i got in mangadex i never really cared for that credit page and treated it as nothing but extra. Most who had their exposure from aggregates that doesn't care much who they get their manga wouldnt really care unless its really necessary. Took me 10 years to care and thats only coz MD made it easy to track who post what and where to find them. And i never cared for manga updates either since getting to scanlators site thru them is kinda annoying. Sure googling it is just as easy as coming here but if i can read it somewhere with no hassle why put effort?

I'm speaking in my experience here before and after MD exposure and after the migration away from here. its getting annoying to track all the mangas i like that disappeared that honestly i stopped checking them. Its not Really about loyalty to here coz if u give me a site that has everything i could read the way md offers it then i would move on a blink of an eye.(if you do pls suggest them).

But i do agree we could just stop this discussion coz its done and no point crying over spilled milk.
Best we can do is help each other and try to tell people who dont know where the current source is outside MD so we can read manga in peace.

Also side note, who is psyched about lee min sung getting wrecked by our beloved OP? And finding out which clan he joins?

Users who are viewing this thread