Solo Leveling

The webnovel translation is already at it's climax. At current pace, in about two three weeks it'll end. Also all mysteries have been answered.

I hope this manga reaches 100+ chapters 😪It would be a shame to end it so quickly but I hope the chapters wont be too draggy or am I asking for too much? 😅

TL;DR: Meraki scans' leader is friends with Hatigarm scans' leader. Hatigarm leader was harassed on MangaDex (read: sniped and mocked) but MangaDex didn't do anything about it. Standing up for his friend, Meraki takes down Solo Leveling and other series until MangaDex does something about the harassers.

Oh well. There are aggregate websites that posted all chapters of Solo Leveling which won't be bogged down by scanlator's bullshits drama.

Edit: Welp. I got most of my info wrong. Check out user Retard_ post for accurate info. My bad.

Group Leader
Why are you making shit up?
What actually happened was the first half of that until the reason why meraki took the shit down wasn't cuz of the harrassment, it was because mangadex was essencially censoring him from responding to the drama credit page on said chapter.
After an earlier discussion the rule is now changed and we can now talk about scanlation drama credit pages on chapter comment section.

Regardless you're making shit up bruh.

If i remember correctly, Meraki got a C&D from a publisher which led to them removing it from their site but leaving it on Mangadex. Cue scanalator drama which has resulted in Meraki removing it from Mangadex.

The problem to me (my view, could be very well wrong) is that Mangadex is in a catch 22, they start to moderate how chapters are uploaded (ie remove Facepalm credit pages etc which started all this) and then a person asks where does the buck stop so to speak. Following that logic, mangdex could just restore from a backup and restore the chapters as they now have the option to moderate the content (and remember, these chapters don't exist on either site so there is loose moral argument that can be made).

Furthermore, Meraki is basically holding Mangadex hostage/to account (depends on your perspective) via Mangadex's own goodwill to scanlators ie 'hey, this guy is pissing us off, please remove his pages/uploads/content/comments/account', 'Don't create drama, we are basically a neutral platform, we have no stake in this fight. We leave scanlators to their own devices to avoid drama and keep the site running to support all scanalators from the groups to the individuals', 'You do, our stuff is some of the most popular series on your site' And the rest is history.

Mangadex should should not get involved and let things run their course to keep their neutrality as a host and not as a publisher that would curate content, because as soon as you start down this path of perferring one scanlator over another, you start to create power structures which leads to 'advantages to some, disadavantages to others'.

Basically, Everyone loses and the scapers/other aggregators win.

(i have no stakes in this fight, just disappointment to be honest)

Group Leader
Nobody asked of mangadex to remove said credit credit from that sniped, the request was to be allowed to respond to it on that same chapter, which we weren't being allowed to do.
The reason was that it wasn't related to the chapter itself but people comment on release schedules of groups, quality and so on, at that point that's just as off topic as talking a out drama

Ahh, gotcha...

I understand why you did it, but i dont agree with it...

To me it's just too much escalation for something so slight.

Dex-chan lover
You can find the missing chapters on <agg removed>, as well as the rest of their stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread