Solte the Traveler - Vol. 4 Ch. 14 - Lizard Land: Part 2

Group Leader
Maybe it's Demon God-sama or Demon-sama perhap? Mizukami used 魔神 before in The end of Ginga Thunder which I speculated to be in the same world as Solte
View attachment 4312View attachment 4315
Hm... that settles it for me! I'll update accordingly.

To give more context: I wasn't sure if Mizukami was trying to keep the 魔 "ubiquitous" as in it could be 魔法の神 (something akin to Linzen although she's a Great Fairy) or 悪魔の神 so I opted for a more general term that could lean both ways. Seeing that he's already used the compound in this context for demons explicitly makes the decision a lot easier. Thank you!

Fed-Kun's army
Those lizards are fucked. They're all dying 100%. Never seen bigger death flags.

Group Leader
Disney bullshit aside a Jinn/Genie is just a spirit.
I think the word carries far more cultural/mythological/mystical baggage than that, even in the context of Islamic folklore, which is why I would hesitant about using it to describe something which has zero connection to said folklore, especially translating from Japanese, which presents a completely different cultural context when it comes to gods and spirits.

Re: Ginga Thunder, I don't know if I buy the idea of them being set in the same world, but there is certainly some conceptual similarity in the treatment of magic. Regardless, translating 魔神 as demon/devil is certainly acceptable for common-use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread