Song of the day?

Dex-chan lover
One of the tastiest simple (though double tracked) guitar solos ever - the forty seconds from lead-in (at about one minute in) through to the start of the last verse is damn near perfect.

Dex-chan lover

A cornerstone in anime music composition. Been noticing the chord progression more in recent (ok, it's 5-6 years back but that's recent enough for this ancient human) jpop/anime music.

Dex-chan lover

A cornerstone in anime music composition. Been noticing the chord progression more in recent (ok, it's 5-6 years back but that's recent enough for this ancient human) jpop/anime music.
Love some Bill Withers. Lovely Day is another good one - for grins, time him holding the long note on the second and third out-choruses.

Dex-chan lover

Only realized why I liked this theme when replaying TH13 the other day (after 12 years). It's just fuckin' 4536 spamming.

Reikai Trance version is even worse with full on chords blasting and almost muted melodies.

Dex-chan lover
It's just fuckin' 4536 spamming.
February 5th, 2001, I was in my junior year at college, majoring in music - the jazz professor made sure that everyone knew it was 2/5/01. Repeatedly. As in, he spent the morning walking around between classes playing various arpeggios on his alto sax demonstrating variations on 2-5-1. He finally got tired of that about lunchtime.

Later that semester, the rock band I was in (all music majors, all usually wasted by about halfway through the first set) was playing the local bar, and for some reason (being wasted), we spent about 30 minutes riffing on a perpetual 3-6-2-5. What's shocking to me is that no one got up to leave or complained, and the bar owner thought it was one of our better gigs.

So, yeah, never underestimate the power of a good turnaround.

Dex-chan lover
February 5th, 2001, I was in my junior year at college, majoring in music - the jazz professor made sure that everyone knew it was 2/5/01. Repeatedly. As in, he spent the morning walking around between classes playing various arpeggios on his alto sax demonstrating variations on 2-5-1. He finally got tired of that about lunchtime.

Later that semester, the rock band I was in (all music majors, all usually wasted by about halfway through the first set) was playing the local bar, and for some reason (being wasted), we spent about 30 minutes riffing on a perpetual 3-6-2-5.
I mean, there's a reason these progressions have been here for decades and people are still using them to much success. Though, when an amateur doesn't know how to spice it up a bit, it really does bore you. I hate 1564 with a passion, though.

What's shocking to me is that no one got up to leave or complained, and the bar owner thought it was one of our better gigs.
The majority of people don't even understand the most fundamental concepts in music composition or production. I can't talk music stuff with the majority of my friends, except for one because I have been putting him through propaganda for 6 years.

Dex-chan lover

Definitely my new favorite stage 6. Banger theme, banger boss, decently difficult with a literal "here's the power of our friendship" final phase. TH18 and TH19 left then I'm caught up.

TGN

Dex-chan lover
Was the Piemations video so fire it killed this thread what the fuck happened here?

Users who are viewing this thread