Song of the Sky Pacers - Ch. 117

Dex-chan lover
Hey all, enjoy!

I'm 99% sure that YuZi was the one that made A-Ting's sword around 20 chapters ago, his name wasn't given then. When A-Ting says his name, she actually calls him 'little Yu' but with a different character than what he said so that it turns into 'little fish' instead. Likely a bit of nicknaming between them. I translated this as "lil'Yu" instead as it might've been a bit confusing.

The bit at the very end does seem counter-intuitive. If sword cultivation doesn't change, then shouldn't it be easier to retain the methodology? I'm guessing from the words at this point but perhaps other cultivation methods adapted or found substitutions and changed, whereas sword cultivation lacks that flexibility. Either way the point is that sword cultivators are powerful but rare now.

Dex-chan lover
I see it as the sword schools killed each other off and thus they lack institutional knowledge.

Thank you for the chapter.

Also, I never want to see another worm with eyes like this again.

Dex-chan lover
I read it as sword cultivators taking their techniques to the grave, not because they are against sharing, but because by their nature they walk an extremely high risk path. Sword cultivators that develop deep technique through experience probably die in battle before they can properly raise and pass on everything to a disciple, so even if they do have students and disciples they will only have bits and pieces and will have to develop the techniques themselves rather than be taught. On the other hand, because of the high amount of danger in their way of cultivation, many disciples probably fall in battle, meaning there are even fewer disciples to make their way to seniority and mastery. I imagine that the qi hoarding also doesn't help because subsequent generations of sword cultivators have less qi to work with, making their training and cultivation even more difficult.

Consider A-Ting's master, if he wasn't imprisoned in the Pavilion, he may have kicked the hornet's nest with the Baili clan generations ago. I can believe that his imprisonment forced him to be able to take his disciples and train them since he can't go and do anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread