Song of the Sky Walkers (Long Strip) - Ch. 31 - Attempting The Impossible

Dex-chan lover
The demonic sect's spider and dragonfly soft goth aesthetic is +10000

Ah, indeed, because the author is changing between different scenes too much it can get confusing.
So i tried to sum up everything, for those who are confused:
- A-Ting traveled with the bad teacher Bai Li Ji to the capital of Chen Empire (Chen Empire is the twins birth place, and their father is ruling there as an Emperor)
- Bai Li Ji intentionally wants to go there because he knows that there will be soon war, because the Di-People will attack, and the Chen-Emperor has gone crazy, leaving the Chen-Empire defenseless
Then he wants to collect all they dying souls to cultivate
- A-Ting is forced along because Bai Li Ji wants to use her as an "human pill" to cultivate
- Bai Li Ji is being followed by people of the Kunlan Sect, they want to capture him alive and bring him to their master. The Kunlan boy is named "junior brother Yu Chi" and he has a personal grudge against Bai Li Ji
- At the same time Bai Li Ji is followed by people of the Bai Li Sect, they want to help him and bring him to his older Brother Bai Li Zhong, who is the Sect Leader of the Bai Li Sect.

- A-Ting's twin brother Qu Chen wants to save her from him, but doesn't want to involve his Penglan-Sect. So he has to travel the huge Ocean to reach Chen-Empire. His sect nephews and nieces are helping him voluntary. Because he alone couldn't cross the ocean with all the dangerous Ocean monsters.
- They had bad luck and encountered an strong poisonous Toad, which poisoned the Senior Sister Chi (the one who could transform into an Titan)
- Then an demonic/celestial princess arrived wanting the Toads core for herself and blows all of them away with her power
- So they got partly separated from each other
- To protect the injured Senior Sister Chi, Qu Chen took her and Junior Sister Yun Cen (she is a healer) into his space so they are protected from the blow, but he hurt his meridians through that and now has to mediate to heal them.
- Sadly the healer (sister Yun Cen) didn't recover enough Qi to heal them, so all she can do now is watch and wait as Senior sister Chi is corroding away.
- Qu Chen is now not really healing his meridians, but is trying to gather his qi to transfer it over his spiritual ocean to A-Ting, so she can use this Qi to attack the bad Teacher with her special sword.
- this is a quite a dangerous task, since his meridians are still damaged, that is why Grandpa Tian Dong (the golden owl) wants to stop him

- Meanwhile in the Chen Empire: The twins maternal grandmother Madam Li , sees that the Chen-Empire is soon before its destruction due to the crazy Emperor(her son-in-law) and the soon incoming attack from the wild Di people (could be Mongolians) and wants to help until the end.
- She has an bodyguard Shir Zheng, who had met A-Ting in the beginning when her grandpa was still alive
- Additionally she has an grand-nephew who is the young general Li Yan, he saved his grandfather from the Di-People and fled to the capital and he is the twins distant cousin.
- He got imprisoned and Madam Li sent her bodyguard Sir Zheng to save him, but A-Ting did already "save" him
- So now both where searching for A-Ting, because they wanted her grandfather Chen's help to defend against the Di people, not knowing that he is already dead
- Sir Zheng finds A-Ting at the Inn but gets chased away by A-Ting, because she didn't want them to be involved with the demon teacher Bai Li Ji
- Sir Zheng but doesn't give up, and when he sees Bai Li Ji hurting A-Ting he tries to save her without hesitation, but of course as an human he is no match with the Cultivator Bai Li Ji and gets his arm severed.

-Meanwhile the twins distant cousin the young general Li Yan is leading the leftover army into the battle against the Di people, all trying to defend the collapsing Chen-Empire
- And the boy from the Kunlan Sect Yu Chi killed off the spider thread woman, who was trying to hinder him in chasing Bai Li Ji (she was one of the Bai Li Sect's people)

Lol i exaggerated with the summary😅
Many thanks for the update!

Aggregator gang
Bye Bai Li Ji, your creepy beautiful face will be remembered :) thanks for translating thiiiis

@pikapolonica thanks so much for the summary! that really helped with clearing up things.

I feel like all big cultivating manhuas like this one require a character map. I always find it difficult to keep up with all the names and faces of the many characters involved. Though I think the pacing of this manhua, in particular, has been better than most, but recently gaining more people.. I probably just need to re-read everything again tbh.

@konpei
I am glad it helped ! Though of course my summary is just a rough outline, since i might have interpreted/remembered lots of things wrong (e.g. that young general might not be the twins distant cousin but something like an "grand uncle", idk)
But hopefully as a basic reminder it should be enough😁
Yeah, those many chinese names and different perspectives makes it really hard to keep up, had to re-read too a bit.

@Misorawr
As far as i remember that guy never appeared before.
It is implied that he might be a senior brother or uncle of Qu Chen in the sect, since he seems experienced/old enough to be already an immortal.
And the Penglan sect seems to use cranes as familiars

how are you guy so confused? this is one of the most simple story line ever, basically a revenge plot with the brother going to help his sister.

Users who are viewing this thread