Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Non-chan goes off to college having given up every apologizing to Gojo. She finds a boyfriend and after graduating they marry.

Marin becomes a big hit in both cosplay and modeling, becoming a professional.

Gojo withdraws from the new world he was exposed to because his Sun is gone. He puts his head down into making Hina dolls. He is successful in taking over the business from his grandfather who then dies happy. He becomes a kashirashi (even though was more skilled making the clothes than the faces) to honor his grandfather. Since he mainly stays to himself this life continues for into his late 30s with his having no close friends.

On a whim both Gojo and Marin attend a milestone high school reunion where they meet. They are both 38 at this time. They reminisce about the cosplaying days. Marin tells Gojo that she's retired from the modeling side of the business and has now launched a cosmetics line oriented toward cosplay which is doing well. Her husband handles the administrative side while she handles the creative side. She has one son whom she named Wakana. They say goodbye to each other.

Gojo continues as a karashirashi achieving business success and mid-level renown. Gojo dies single at 72 and the business, with no heir, closes. Gojo's funeral is sparsely attended with only immediate family. Marin does attend and sobs. She hears someone else sobbing. She looks up and sees Non-chan.

The (horrible) End.
Please no, don't be so grim, surely Marin would not name her first-born Wakana

Dex-chan lover
Oh good, more unresolved trauma dumped right into the middle of an already muddled mess of trauma that has gotten even slower updates than ever before thanks to the slower release schedule. That'll certainly keep people interested.

I mean, I get it, this is the girl that started his whole "hina doll's are for girls" trauma, but can't we solve at least one issue before dragging in multiple others? No one in their little group even acknowledged the fact that his previous cosplay creation was given a thumbs-up by the notoriously unimpressed creator, just a depression spiral.

Dex-chan lover
Non-chan goes off to college having given up ever apologizing to Gojo. She finds a boyfriend and after graduating they marry.

Marin becomes a big hit in both cosplay and modeling, becoming a professional.

Gojo withdraws from the new world he was exposed to because his Sun is gone. He puts his head down into making Hina dolls. He is successful in taking over the business from his grandfather who then dies happy. He becomes a kashirashi (even though was more skilled making the clothes than the faces) to honor his grandfather. Since he mainly stays to himself this life continues for into his late 30s with his having no close friends.

On a whim both Gojo and Marin attend a milestone high school reunion where they meet. They are both 38 at this time. They reminisce about the cosplaying days. Marin tells Gojo that she's retired from the modeling side of the business and has now launched a cosmetics line oriented toward cosplay which is doing well. Her husband handles the administrative side while she handles the creative side. She has one son whom she named Wakana. They say goodbye to each other.

Gojo continues as a karashirashi achieving business success and mid-level renown. Gojo dies single at 72 and the business, with no heir, closes. Gojo's funeral is sparsely attended with only immediate family (cousins and their families). Marin does attend and sobs. She hears someone else sobbing. She looks up and sees Non-chan.

The (horrible) End.
Thats actually pretty realistic (except the kid being named wakana lol), if this wasn't a self insert story (not a romcom since she doesn't want to write that) by the author that is.

Dex-chan lover
DAMmm, im really loving this arc so far. Im VERY interested in where this is going.
This is a breaking point in marin and gojos life. I NEED to know what will happenn
Or as it would be in Mushoku Tensei, a "Turning Point".

Dex-chan lover
Well that mystery was finally solved I always just thought it would be some rando transfer student chick or that girl who always hung out with Marin.
Leave it to family to cause you the most pain, but like she should just get him alone and say, "Hey dude, I was wrong about saying it was creepy back then I was a literal little girl who didn't know what the fuck she was talkin' about."

Also, FUCK OFF MARIN STOP REGRESSING!!!! You know that Gojo really enjoys the work he's been making with you and doesn't think it is a waste.
Capturehhk.png

Dex-chan lover
Some people have always been waiting for it to turn back into what they thought it was because of what the anime adaptation sold to them. They feel like they've been bait-and-switched. I felt that way a bit early on but I came to accept what the manga actually was.
This absolutely was mostly romcom in the manga, ecchi yet fluffy. I've read this series before anime adaptation and it got very quickly into "Marin realizes she loves Gojo" after that compliment at the end of first arc, and then sped (quite one-sidedly, which I guess should be warning sign about author's writing skill) along the romance arc up to the almost-fucking in the succubus 4-koma cosplay arc.

People were bait-and-switched, not by anime but by the manga, which used to skillfully weave various otaku culture and cosplay stuff together with romance, until author decided to drop the romance except for few token shitty "I'll tell him how I feel... eventually" panels, or even shittier "something will happen" bait with that night together afer coffin arc. "What manga actually was" - it was fun, ecchi, and nicely marinated in all that cosplay culture stuff for the first few arcs, after which it quickly got worse and worse.

Dex-chan lover
It's almost like the author fucking forgot.
My problem with Marin isn't her inability to confess - it's that Maring from first 2/3 of manga and current Marin are two different people. Without any solid reason. Her "being in love" really doesn't explain anything. Sure, it could add some anxiety but where straightforward Marin went? Marin that went and asked Gojo, tf is wrong with him, after he start avoiding her. Man's suffering, she could ask about it, confession or not. Also why she jump to conclusions while both Gojo and his Grandpa explained that making cosplay is good for Gojo already?

Dex-chan lover
Alright, so this may be controversial, but I actually think this was a much needed realization for Marin. We know that Gojo would likely never voice for his own desires, as that just isn't the kind of person he is. Marin is way more extroverted and will always choose to "fill the void" with something she likes to do, or wants to do with Gojo, whenever they had finished a cosplay project.

This finally made her realize that Gojo isn't just her personal tailor. He still has his own dreams and wishes, all of which has gone to the wayside for the past while so he could focus on Marin.

This is pretty much textbook behavior for Gojo's personality type when they are paired up with an extrovert. They either lack the self esteem, are too timid to ask to do their own thing, are too considerate for their partner's enjoyment to stop them from doing whatever they want to do and focus on what s/he wants to do, or worries that asking for "their turn" will end their relationship/friendship.

So I am glad to see that Marin finally is recognizing this, and I am hoping she doesn't go overboard with her "follow up". She doesn't need to drop everything and do whatever Gojo wants, no matter what it is. That is wrong, and not what Gojo wants either. All she needs to do is tone it down a bit, let Gojo breath for a while, maybe take a cosplay break or he'll, maybe do a doll themed cosplay for Gojo.

But I honestly think that Gojo is the kind of guy who would be the most happiest if all Marin did was just come over and be in the same room as him while he does his doll work. She doesn't have to constantly talk with him either, just being there, silently reading or on her phone while just casually sitting on his floor or bed would be perfect. She doesn't need to be his audience, or take a fake interest in dolls just for his sake, just being there and being his supportive friend/gf is likely more than enough for Gojo.

People were bait-and-switched, not by anime but by the manga, which used to skillfully weave various otaku culture and cosplay stuff together with romance, until author decided to drop the romance except for few token shitty "I'll tell him how I feel... eventually" panels, or even shittier "something will happen" bait with that night together afer coffin arc. "What manga actually was" - it was fun, ecchi, and nicely marinated in all that cosplay culture stuff for the first few arcs, after which it quickly got worse and worse.

I agree somewhat. The manga was almost completely slice of life with romance added in, and none of that romance was drama heavy in the least. Don't see how people are pretending that this wasn't a "romcom". Sure there were some drama elements, but they were few and far between. We got squat foreshadowing and buildup to Goujo's traumatic experience over losing his parents. I mean, we knew about his parents and we knew about his complex about loving Hina dolls. But we only got a brief glimpse, and it was copletely ignored otherwise

Same with weird drama with Marin. There was barely any proper buildup to it. The problem here is that the author was sidestepping any serious drama up until now, only to dump it unceremoniously all of a sudden, when their cosplay is getting blown up in the whole world and they are getting a million likes. It's a jumbled mishmash, with the slice of life mainstay of the maga getting thrown away for some reason

Dex-chan lover
Oh good, more unresolved trauma dumped right into the middle of an already muddled mess of trauma that has gotten even slower updates than ever before thanks to the slower release schedule. That'll certainly keep people interested.

I mean, I get it, this is the girl that started his whole "hina doll's are for girls" trauma, but can't we solve at least one issue before dragging in multiple others? No one in their little group even acknowledged the fact that his previous cosplay creation was given a thumbs-up by the notoriously unimpressed creator, just a depression spiral.
Yeah, the fact that we're this many chapters, and thus months, past the end of the last arc, and not a single person has made mention of the reception of the last cosplay to him, is just goofy. It's like they just, never finished the last arc before moving on to this next one, and with the monthly release schedule it just feels agonizingly slow. It's like they are intentionally trying to make things depressing and slow, so they are just like, ignoring obviously plot threads that need to be closed in order to do so.

Dex-chan lover
This finally made her realize that Gojo isn't just her personal tailor. He still has his own dreams and wishes, all of which has gone to the wayside for the past while so he could focus on Marin.
Yeah, like his dream to make Haniel cosplay, he proposed himself. /s And previous cosplay where he wanted learn how to make props with Akira.

Group Leader
Jesus christ shut the fuck up. The latest volume is literally one of the most popular and well selling volumes yet. Literally got praise all over Japanese social media. News flash: the brain dead Mangadex comment section doesn't reflect the actual audience of the manga. It's still a money maker, and still loved by the Japanese fanbase.

It's actually a whiplash seeing so many people whining about the pacing in the western fanbase when no one gives a fuck about it on the Japanese side.
Do you have a link to the stats on this? What about the ratings in the magazine it's published in? I find it hard to believe even the Japanese audience would appreciate this horrifically slow pace where 2 days have passed in 2 years worth of chapters regardless of how fucked the author has decided to make the plot itself.

Users who are viewing this thread