Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 101

Dex-chan lover
I think what gojo feels right now is when an artist makes a masterpiece and they know it. The drive is gone

Dex-chan lover
so a whole chapter wasted just to butter up the manga's mc?! like wtf
not to mention how the hell is it supposed to be believable that some randos have intricate knowledge about costumes lmao
just hope we don't get the usual "oh she's so popular now, i gotta distance myself from her mimimi"-arc

Double-page supporter
Media literacy is at an all time low I see. Complain about the pacing if you want but if your main complaint is that literally nothing happened this chapter then I think that's evidence you're either speed reading or just skimming pages without actually reading anything.

Dex-chan lover
Media literacy is at an all time low I see. Complain about the pacing if you want but if your main complaint is that literally nothing happened this chapter then I think that's evidence you're either speed reading or just skimming pages without actually reading anything.
pretty sure the whole point is that the author wastes so many pages on setting up that marin as well as gojou's costume skills are becoming a phenomenon. like nobody cares. just focus on the mc pair and how they deal with it.

Dex-chan lover
What's Imposter Syndrome?
"it is a psychological occurrence in which people doubt their skills, talents, or accomplishments and have a persistent internalized fear of being exposed as frauds. Despite external evidence of their competence, those experiencing this phenomenon do not believe they deserve their success or luck."

Contributor
I expected this was going to be a legendary event in the cosplayer circles, but for it to even reach manga artists and editors, with them praising Wakana's costume to high heavens, or at least as much as they do Marin's look and performance. Of course it finally reaches the original mangaka, and hard to please as he is, he is actually impressed.

But I didn't expect Wakana to actually fall into a BSOD event at the end(?) of this arc, or at least the end of their long-awaited cosplay event. This was when he was supposed to celebrate in the success of his masterpiece as a costume maker, but his expression from last chapter only got worse and turned into this. Maybe it really is impostor syndrome as others have suggested. I don't even know if either him or Marin has even seen the uproar on SNS that their cosplay shoot has caused.

On a side note, I'm mildly amused how this is a chapter where we don't even get to see Marin herself, all her appearances in this were pictures from the cosplay shoot. Even Wakana himself only makes an appearance at the end.

Dex-chan lover
Something I want to point out to all the people talking about how Gojo is taking the aftermath of the circle shoot. Look back at Chapter 61, all of it, then specifically Chapter 62 pages 10-12, moreso the expression he has on his face in the last panel of Chapter 62. He knows that he wants to support Marin no matter what. He also knows that he loves her, he just can't see himself standing by her side. As a support from afar, yes, but not by her side. This is referenced in Chapter 99 page 13. In Chapter 63 this is push out of the way by the classmates bringing him in, but once again in Chapter 78 page 21 the idea of him being there just as a support is reinforced.

Then at the end of Chapter 86 he finds an obsession: Haniel, and we find a hint of the source of that in the next chapter on page 18. Haniel reminds him of Marin, but he still can't admit it. We see him want this to be so good that he's even hyped himself to fight for his dreams in Chapter 93. We get a mirror of the message "It's finished. I'm going to sleep." from first costume made for Marin that initially connected them. Something Marin loved and wanted and Gojo made for her, but this time it is something her loves and wants and it is made for him.

We see from Marin's discussion with Gramps in Chapter 94 that other people see that Marin is good for Gojo because he can't love himself or what he does because of his perfectionism. We also have to remember his trauma which has been somewhat assuaged by Marin in the first arc and in the Rei-sama arc, but isn't fully dealt with.

In Chapter 99 things come to a head when he realizes he's in love with Marin. He knows it, but he also sees how he asked her to make other people fall in love with her, and that he doesn't just want to support her. He wants to be by her side. Then the moment that really connects what Gojo and Marin are each feeling: Chapter 100 page 20. There is now an ocean physically and mentally between them on how long this can go on. To him he is one of the crowd of humans that are lower than worms in love with Haniel who is Marin. In Chapter 96 page 20 it alludes to this: It isn't just love at first sight. It's a consuming, aching, terrible love that leads to obsession.

Chapter 76 Marin imagines how Gojo would respond to her confession and it begins to break her confidence, this becomes deeper in chapter 77, though by the end of it she's trying to psych herself back up, but we see that crack and on page 16-18 when she realizes she has real deep feelings. This isn't just a crush. This is real love and it makes her afraid of what will happen if she's rejected. Chapter 100 pages 20 has the first thought since then of "What if something puts a wedge between or breaks their bond? What if they can't do this together forever." And then from pages 21-27 she sees that distance growing and doesn't know how to bridge it.

The pacing is a problem because monthly and wanting things to happen, I get it. But this is a slow burn with call backs and build up over multi arcs that is coming to a head.

Please reread and try to look for it. It's even somewhat in the nun arc.
even if it's slow burn comiket started at 97 and we got the aftermath (that was highly anticipated) in ch.101, easily this 5 chapters could have gone to 3, specially since the conversation between those 2 people from the industry was just to make the connection with the author and that part was masterfully done (but it was like 3 pages while we got like 12 of the other 2), all your points are correct, but if you have a monthly series and pull a chapter with only 20pages is expected to feel dragged.

I get the point of criticizing the people saying this chapter show nothing as showing the mangaka show it's praise is huge af, but all of what happened prior could have been condensed or shown last chapter, the same with the reactions of the public we could have gotten that and Wakana starting to get destroyed by that, but we got 2 chapters of reactions plus an exclusive let's make our mc feel like crap. (it's like the author tried to pat itself on the back for making such a good Haniel, 'cause ofc the art was great)

probably will reread the series to see if the nun arc was the start of the slow pace ('cause I don't remember noticing that at the time, but a lot of the comments really noticed that).

also manga doesn't have filler if its the og work.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Imagine wanting to help a bajillion digusting otaku freaks oggle your woman and letting them gaze upon the intimate glares and facial expressions that should be only for you and having to day-in, day-out , wherever you go wander about whether one of these legions of losers is going to stalk your woman or recognise her while you're out in public.
What a horrid life.
This is why gojou should make costumes for her only to wear in front of him or smaller groups. wanting to help your gf become a famous cosplayer with hundreds of social media and IRL stalkers and taking her to places where she eye-fucks the cameras of every person in a crowd of people like she's their personal model is gross
I can totally understand why he's grossed out and feels like he's made a huge mistake.
It doesn't reflect well on her that she's happy making those kinds of faces with the cameras of hundreds of strangers. She should find it weird, like a violation to simulate intimacy with so many weirdo strangers.
If she really loved Gojou then she should want to only make those faces for his camera tbh.
That's a widespread problem with actors, actresses and models.
Traditional Christians and orthodox jews and muslims actually have it right. It's very romantic and special to voluntarily wish for no one other than your husband to see your beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread