Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 102

Fed-Kun's army
I don't understand the amount of hate Marin's getting this chapter. She's a teenager whose dad scolded her into going to pay a formal visit to people he's never met immediately after learning that she's apparently gotten so close to this family that they regularly feed her and provide her with outfits that are such high quality that celebrities are raving about it on social media. Yeah, she gets to see her crush on New Years, but her dad is there the entire time, nagging her about everything from her manners to her cooking skills, which she obviously thinks are just fine. He obviously doesn't get what she's into and even goes so far as to call her fave's outfit a dress. It's all super embarrassing!! Whether Marin is worried about having being ignored at the con or actually deeply annoyed by it, having to sit through her dad being totally uncool (or worse: being someone who can't appreciate just how incredible her faves are??) a n d making her sound like some kid who can barely look after herself would definitely override everything else she might be thinking about.

I think Marin's dad's reaction was great, personally. He may have been awkward and lame in her eyes but she still talked to him about her cosplaying suddenly blowing up. And her dad could obviously tell that the partnership she and Gojou have going on is a big deal, and he took it seriously. He may not understand why Marin cares about these characters so much but he does understand that she's met someone who cares very deeply about her, or else he wouldn't have made costumes that fit her so perfectly. And I think Gojou's reaction to her dad's request was also perfectly fitting for his age, because even if he acts mature, he's still a kid who hasn't yet processed his feelings for Marin. Of course he's going to politely agree to keep feeding her, what else could she possibly need?

The writing's still good. I don't think Marin's totally out of character. It's just a slow burn romance between two not-so-experienced teenagers. They'll get there.

NGL, I just assume the chapter went how it did because there is going to be a hiatus. I can only hope that after the hiatus we dive into it all and that they didn't want to start something and make everyone wait on a cliffhanger for longer than usual.

Double-page supporter
I don't understand the amount of hate Marin's getting this chapter. She's a teenager whose dad scolded her into going to pay a formal visit to people he's never met immediately after learning that she's apparently gotten so close to this family that they regularly feed her and provide her with outfits that are such high quality that celebrities are raving about it on social media. Yeah, she gets to see her crush on New Years, but her dad is there the entire time, nagging her about everything from her manners to her cooking skills, which she obviously thinks are just fine. He obviously doesn't get what she's into and even goes so far as to call her fave's outfit a dress. It's all super embarrassing!! Whether Marin is worried about having being ignored at the con or actually deeply annoyed by it, having to sit through her dad being totally uncool (or worse: being someone who can't appreciate just how incredible her faves are??) a n d making her sound like some kid who can barely look after herself would definitely override everything else she might be thinking about.

I think Marin's dad's reaction was great, personally. He may have been awkward and lame in her eyes but she still talked to him about her cosplaying suddenly blowing up. And her dad could obviously tell that the partnership she and Gojou have going on is a big deal, and he took it seriously. He may not understand why Marin cares about these characters so much but he does understand that she's met someone who cares very deeply about her, or else he wouldn't have made costumes that fit her so perfectly. And I think Gojou's reaction to her dad's request was also perfectly fitting for his age, because even if he acts mature, he's still a kid who hasn't yet processed his feelings for Marin. Of course he's going to politely agree to keep feeding her, what else could she possibly need?

The writing's still good. I don't think Marin's totally out of character. It's just a slow burn romance between two not-so-experienced teenagers. They'll get there.
Insanely slow burn. When was the last time romance was mentioned besides Marin thinking about Gojo during the circle shoot.

Dex-chan lover
Oof, you shouldn't do that Marin, that's only gonna drive a nail between you two.

I do wonder what Gojo was feeling. It's hard to believe it was just impostor syndrome. Perhaps some jealousy as well? Though considering how he is I don't quite believe that.

Well, for now we have a rest chapter so the author can focus on the volume changes during the hiatus, but hey, Marin's papa aproves of them so we won!

Dex-chan lover
Gojou's cousin... And it's a woman. I wonder if it's a child, a teen or a woman :thonk:
Could possibly be someone that will support Mari'-chan and help Gojou realize the current situation he's in with Marin.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow thanks for the new chapter!

Well it was not yet cleared up but if you look at it it's like the exchange has been made:
Wakana's grandpa asking Marin to take care of his grandson (chapters before the Haniel costume was finished)
---and---
Marin's father asking Wakana to take care of his daughter

As far as traditions are concerned, the guardians already bestowed upon them their preliminary blessings.
They now just have to recognize they are special to each other even as best friends for starters.

Dex-chan lover
That last page. People would kill to get the life-sized cutout of Marin.

Dex-chan lover
This is not how I expected the first meeting with Marin's Dad to go, but I loved it.

i dont know why but im starting to hate this .. gojo and marin both ignored that moment ?? i know the author must have something planned for it and is leading up to it .. but they ignored it ..

Dex-chan lover
pfp related
Z5csPNK.png

Users who are viewing this thread