#Sono Gap ni Yowai Tokushuu - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - JANMN

Contributor
Ngl I would have been happy with just the first two sides of him being the gap moe. Like, sociable:cold would be hard to make work in a one shot, but it would be unique. Cold:blushu blushu is an acceptable legit gap moe, if not just a little cliche. But sociable:blushu blushu is a little... short for a gap.

That being said, I feel like the actor guy could work as a gap moe character if the mangaka chose to take that angle instead. I think if I don't consider how the selling point of this One-shot is Gap Moe, I'd be interested in reading more of it

Dex-chan lover
I think I would like this better if it was the actor showing more of the gap moe

Anyone else picking up a weird vibe on this translation? Like maybe the translator doesn't know slang words or idioms so they're just going with literal word-for-word? Without looking anything up I'm like 80% sure that "fan arm" is like, a concept with idol die hards about fans having a code of etiquette or something. A way to encourage fans to police each other and stop each other from getting parasocial. The japanese word for "fan" IS an English loanword so there's absolutely no way an idol wouldn't know the word "fan."

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone else picking up a weird vibe on this translation? Like maybe the translator doesn't know slang words or idioms so they're just going with literal word-for-word? Without looking anything up I'm like 80% sure that "fan arm" is like, a concept with idol die hards about fans having a code of etiquette or something. A way to encourage fans to police each other and stop each other from getting parasocial. The japanese word for "fan" IS an English loanword so there's absolutely no way an idol wouldn't know the word "fan."
Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the translation! I do almost everything myself and I don't speak Japanese fluently. You're right, it's probably not accurate but here is what the original says "ファ... ファンコて 何だコけ" something. Also no, I don't think there is anything about parasocial relationships. it's fan (ファン) and kote (こて) put together. He's probably just confused/shocked about the gap. Sorry if you're disappointed in the translation. I try my best :(

Users who are viewing this thread