Sora ga Haiiro Dakara

Dex-chan lover
If any random person comes across this collection, please give it a shot. A lot of the stories are strange, but some will hit you really hard. Surprisingly affecting, I actually cried after reading a chapter (any guesses which one?)

Really good short story collection. I wish it was fully scanlated. And other works by this author too

I really wish that somebody would finish translating this, because based on what Village Idiot's done this is seriously one of the best manga I've ever read and it's a shame that they've essentially dropped it.

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/sora-ga-haiiro-dakara/

This series is something else. I like it, but explaining why was difficult, especially since over half the time it evokes bad feelings.

One of the few manga or anime that does post irony right.
The short stories play with conventions in a realistic (not necessarily emotionally satisfying) way, in a deconstructive manner, you could say. It takes clichéd scenarios from anime and manga, then puts them under a cold shower and shines a harsh light on them.
Usually this manifests in some sort of melodrama, where characters should be taken at face value and the focus of the story is their emotions and failings, but at other times characters serve as little more than set pieces used to describe a broader philosophical idea, reminiscent of Borges's short stories.
I don't recommend this to the average reader, but if the above sounds interesting then definitely give this a read.

This manga made me kind of confused with its content bening rather bad and everyone else praising the series exactly for that

at first i thought something like "yeah, its dull, undeveloped and plain boring", but maybe that was the point - to make the reader uncomfortable through various ways (with deconstructive elements), like he has been toyed with

so as of now, with series not being translated fully, im experiencing all written above - stories themself are mediocre at best, but overall atmosphere is rather uncanny and everyones acceptance is confusing and that left me impressed

also want to point out chapters 3 and 16, they are exceptionally good

oh my god we're actually entering the home stretch with scanlations at long last let's fucking GO :win:

EDIT: LESS THAN A MONTH LATER WE FUCKING DID IT :wooow::wooow::wooow::wooow::wooow::wooow::wooow:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread