Sora wo Matotte - Ch. 11 - A charcoal night

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the chapter! I'm looking forward to learning more about her too. So far I'm really enjoying how each of the characters seems to have their own complete story, I hope it's not long until we start finding out more

Dex-chan lover
Yoooooo. I like her. She's lively, take-charge, and it seems like she has an interesting background connected to painting (also, BOOBS). :glee:

It helps that she's practically zero threat to Mayu because it looks like she's just playing around (well, and because Haro is denser than a neutron star). Of course, the moment she falls in love with our nudes-obsessed weirdo, the knives come out.

Dex-chan lover
The more I read the more I like. His skills are improving, they show off sex appeal for the new character but give her some depth to intrigue us and in the background I think she has noticed the small crush and gave the friend a job. The series did all that in a single chapter. Great stuff. Thanks for the TL as usual

Supporter
I like how the mom is meant to be a representation of how pursuing the art carreer doesn't mean success and can lead you to a bigger abyss if you fail (but she's still happy i hope)

Aggregator gang
Many Thanks for the new chapter @princess_daphie .
Haro's skill with charcoal has seemingly quickly improved since the class at Iyobi, given the drawings this chapter have less overt "heavy" shading to them compared to the one he did for the Iyobi nude model. Haro still stands to improve much more though, he needs to develop finer control with the charcoal in order not to create a big dust cloud in his wake while working.

I am definitely intrigued with Anna Igarashi & I am interested in seeing if she has a history with Rei Kamio, not only having to do with Rei's connection to her grandfather as his former student, but it seems she would be a contemporary of Rei Kamio.

Going into speculation, I would guess that Ichizo Seto, the owner of Garan-dou, was once a notable painter in his youth that was later parlayed into being a notable painting professor with Garan-dou being a fairly successful side hustle but after 25-30 years his student pool & customer base dried up with the changing of the times + more successful competitors, leaving him only with having to hold weekly classes for the elderly retirees. Anna originally wanted to follow in Ichizo's, her grandfather's, footsteps but found out that she overestimated her creative capacities and/or found the Return on Investment in being a Painter too little & with no preprepared contingincies found herself scraping by working in the Red Light District industry.

This was definitely A Chapter to end Volume 1 on, be the platform on how Volume 1 was announced the same week this chapter was published with the reveal of it's volume cover, as reported by sources such as this. Edit:Upon further research I discovered that Volume 1 goes up to Chapter 7, which makes this chapter be a part of the in-progress Volume 2

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Thanks for the quick translations!!
Not just quick. The quality, cleaning, and typesetting are amazing!

The more I read the more I like. His skills are improving, they show off sex appeal for the new character but give her some depth to intrigue us and in the background I think she has noticed the small crush and gave the friend a job. The series did all that in a single chapter. Great stuff. Thanks for the TL as usual
The mangaka is amazing at making these character and story beats. Just what I'd expect from the author of EX-ARM.

Last edited:
Group Leader
What an interesting series. Truly shows a great balance of passion, enchantment, and perseverance all at once.

Makes me want to do things wholeheartedly. Thanks for the translation and hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread